New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Repeated results

General discussion

Repeated results

Postby brunces » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:10 pm

Guys,

I'm trying GoldenDict portable and it's really awesome! :)

There's one thing I'd like to report. I don't know whether or not it's a bug. I use a Babylon premium dictionary here. Every time I look up a word and there's a result in this premium dictionary, such result appears repeated, one below the other. See attached screenshot for better comprehension.

The issue doesn't happen with free dictionaries. It seems to be related to premium dictionaries only, but I'm not sure about that.

Do you know what it can be? Is there any way to fix it and make it stop showing repeated results?

Thanks for your attention, guys.

brunces
Attachments
duplicate.jpg
duplicate.jpg (233.71 KiB) Viewed 18105 times
brunces

Re: Repeated results

Postby brunces » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:50 am

Anyone? :)
brunces

Postby ikm » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:37 am

Try turning off your active dictionaries one by one until the problem disappears. If it does, please provide the name of the dictionary which was causing this behavior - this looks like a bug in the program.
ikm
Автор GoldenDict

Postby brunces » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:01 pm

ikm, thanks for your reply.

Actually, that dictionary was the first one I added to GoldenDict, therefore there was nothing else to turn off. The issue has been happening since then. :( After, off course, I installed the other dictionaries.

The name of the dictionary is "Dicionário Aurélio da Língua Portuguesa" (it's a famous Portuguese-Portuguese dictionary in Brazil). Here is the link to download it:

http://dl.babylon.com/info/glossaries/EFDA/Aurelio_pt_pt.BGL

I hope this helps. :)

brunces
brunces

Postby ikm » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:06 pm

Your screenshot shows that you use this dictionary together with quite a lot of others. All dictionaries in the current search group supply alternate forms to the final search query. Try creating a separate group and put Aurelio there alone - there should be no repeated results there. What I was trying to ask you to do is to identify which dictionary in your large group makes the search create a lot of duplicates.
ikm
Автор GoldenDict

Postby brunces » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:36 pm

ikm, I've followed your instructions. Same thing. :(
Attachments
gdict.jpg
gdict.jpg (93.65 KiB) Viewed 17994 times
brunces

Postby brunces » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:44 am

Anyone? :)
brunces

Postby brunces » Wed May 18, 2011 12:59 pm

Does anyone take care of this forum?

Could anyone, please, give me an answer regarding the issue I've posted? Is it a bug or not? Is there a fix or not? Will it be fixed or not? Is it related to GoldenDict or to the Babylon Glossary itself?

Please, just a simple answer.

Thanks,

brunces
brunces

Postby chulai » Thu May 19, 2011 11:14 am

brunces,

I checked that glossary alone and it shows duplicates with some words but not with others. I also checked with Babylon software and it doesn't show duplicates. So, It must be a bug on the babylon file parser that uses GD.

Julián
chulai

Postby brunces » Thu May 19, 2011 5:29 pm

Thanks, Julián. I really appreciate your reply. :)
brunces

Next

Return to General