New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Full formatting

Mobile version discussion

Full formatting

Postby emil1532 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:26 am

Hi,

the list of features states that GoldenDict can show full formatting. How can I make dictionary data with formatting?
I tried to generate *.index/*.dict.dz files from my dictionary data with HTML tags such as <b> for bold, but GoldenDict shows the HTML tags instead of the formatted text.
emil1532

Re: Full formatting

Postby chulai » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:00 pm

Hi,
I'm pretty sure that GoldenDict Desktop does not support html formatting for DICT dictionaries. So it might be the same with GoldenDict Android version. Also it seems the DICT format/protocol itself does not support HTML formatting.
I'd suggest that you use Stardict format if you need rich-text format (HTML formatting) or DSL format which has its own tags.
chulai

Re: Full formatting

Postby Michael72 » Tue May 28, 2013 4:42 pm

The DICT-server can give MIME content, i.e. give arbitrary content without restrictions with reference to their type. If the DICT-client is able to receive a MIME content, it shall send the command OPTION MIME to the DICT-server (see dict -M). In this case, the DICT-client goes to processing task of the content. dictd, in turn, can give Plain Text or MIME content depending on whether if the client gave the command OPTION MIME to him. See A Dictionary Server Protocol. So, DICT-dictionary can consist of two modules: one with PlainText content, and other with a MIME content. In the file /usr/share/doc/dictd/examples/dictd_mime.conf we can find for example how to set up the configuration file /etc/dictd/dictd.conf in order to DICT-server will able properly to process the command OPTION MIME.
I would like to express the wish that GoldenDict knew how to work correctly with such modules of DICT-dictionaries that contain the MIME content. For this purpose I can put such module in order to assist the development of this support.
Michael72

Return to Mobile