New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

How to add HTML tags to StarDict file?

General discussion

How to add HTML tags to StarDict file?

Postby qwiqooq » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:24 pm

I'm building dictionary and the definition field contains HTML. I have tried the Babylon format by using Babylon Glossary Builder but
- When the source is Excel file, the maximum length for a cell is 32,767 characters so many words can't have their complete definition.
- When the source is GLS file, the Builder program simply crashes. Could it be due to the source is too large?

Then I moved to StarDict format by using Stardict Editor. Here are some lines in my TAB file
Code: Select all
a   <span style="font-color:#008000">prep.</span> <i>(en relaciones de proporción, equivalencia)</i> per.
abajo   <span style="font-color:green">adv.</span> below.
a mano   by hand.
abarcar   <span style="font-color:green">v.</span> <i>(temas/materias)</i> to cover; <i>(superficie/territorio)</i> to span, cover.

However when I add the dictionary to GoldenDict, the HTML tags are just displayed like normal text :(

So can anyone show me how to add HTML tags to StarDict file please?
qwiqooq

Re: How to add HTML tags to StarDict file?

Postby chulai » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:15 am

Stardict editor assumes the input and therefore output is plain text.
Just open your .ifo file and change sametypesequence=m to sametypesequence=h
Then reindex the dictionary in GoldenDict.

For more info about "sametypesequence" check http://code.google.com/p/babiloo/wiki/StarDict_format
chulai

Re: How to add HTML tags to StarDict file?

Postby qwiqooq » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:40 am

I have done as what you said and now everything is perfect. Thank you so much for your help :D !
qwiqooq

Return to General