New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

updated Italian translation

General discussion

Postby orecchionebruno » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:59 am

Last edited by orecchionebruno on Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
orecchionebruno

Re: updated Italian translation

Postby chulai » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:20 am

chulai

Postby orecchionebruno » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:10 pm

Hi, I've correct the translation:

Unfortunally in the list of strings was missing two string that should be translated.

So I've updated, the string in the file it_IT.ts

The missing strings are the followings:

<message>
<location filename="../mainwindow.cc" line="2791"/>
<source>The main window is set to be always on top.</source>
<translation>La finestra principale è impostata per essere mostrata sempre in primo piano.</translation>
</message>

<message>
<location filename="../mainwindow.ui" line="440"/>
<location filename="../mainwindow.ui" line="443"/>
<source>Always on Top</source>
<translation>Mostra sempre in primo piano</translation>
</message>

PS: that strings are missing also in the other translations in other language.
Last edited by orecchionebruno on Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
orecchionebruno

Postby Tvangeste » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:00 pm

I've just lupdated all the *.ts files in GoldenDict repo and they should be up-to-date. Please take a look.
Tvangeste

Postby Tvangeste » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:32 pm

Daniele, I've also applied your updates to the best of my ability, on top of newl-lupdated *.ts files. Please double check that everything is OK.
Tvangeste

Postby orecchionebruno » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:19 am

Hi Tvangeste,

ok I checked and I've correct a small mistake about the copyright. I just transformed the string "2008-2012" into "2008-2013".

I made the changes in any language file but for working property you should edit the source.

I paste the an example of Russian strings:

<message>
<location filename="../about.ui" line="73"/>
<source>(c) 2008-2013 Konstantin Isakov (ikm@goldendict.org)</source>
<translation>© Константин Исаков (ikm@goldendict.org), 2008-2013</translation>
</message>

<message>
<location filename="../article_maker.cc" line="175"/>
<source>&lt;h3 align=&quot;center&quot;&gt;Welcome to &lt;b&gt;GoldenDict&lt;/b&gt;!&lt;/h3&gt;&lt;p&gt;To start working with the program, first visit &lt;b&gt;Edit|Dictionaries&lt;/b&gt; to add some directory paths where to search for the dictionary files, set up various Wikipedia sites or other sources, adjust dictionary order or create dictionary groups.&lt;p&gt;And then you&apos;re ready to look up your words! You can do that in this window by using a pane to the left, or you can &lt;a href=&quot;Working with popup&quot;&gt;look up words from other active applications&lt;/a&gt;. &lt;p&gt;To customize program, check out the available preferences at &lt;b&gt;Edit|Preferences&lt;/b&gt;. All settings there have tooltips, be sure to read them if you are in doubt about anything.&lt;p&gt;Should you need further help, have any questions, suggestions or just wonder what the others think, you are welcome at the program&apos;s &lt;a href=&quot;http://goldendict.org/forum/&quot;&gt;forum&lt;/a&gt;.&lt;p&gt;Check program&apos;s &lt;a href=&quot;http://goldendict.org/&quot;&gt;website&lt;/a&gt; for the updates. &lt;p&gt;(c) 2008-2013 Konstantin Isakov. Licensed under GPLv3 or later.</source>
<translation>&lt;h3 align=&quot;center&quot;&gt;Добро пожаловать в &lt;b&gt;GoldenDict&lt;/b&gt;!&lt;/h3&gt;&lt;p&gt;Если вы запустили программу в первый раз, укажите пути к словарям в &lt;b&gt;Правка|Словари&lt;/b&gt;. Там же Вы можете указать различные сайты Википедии или другие источники данных, настроить порядок просмотра словарей или создать словарные группы.&lt;p&gt;После этого Вы можете приступать к поиску слов. Слова можно искать в левой области данного окна. При работе в других приложениях можно искать слова, используя &lt;a href=&quot;Работа с всплывающим окном&quot;&gt;всплывающее окно&lt;/a&gt;. &lt;p&gt;В меню &lt;b&gt;Правка|Параметры&lt;/b&gt; Вы можете настроить приложение по своему вкусу. Все параметры имеют подсказки, показываемые при наведении курсора на них. Обращайте, пожалуйста, на них внимание, когда у Вас возникают затруднения с настройкой.&lt;p&gt;Если Вам требуется дополнительная помощь, возникли какие-то вопросы, пожелания и т.п., обращайтесь на &lt;a href=&quot;http://goldendict.org/forum/&quot;&gt;форум программы&lt;/a&gt;.&lt;p&gt;Обновления программы доступны на её &lt;a href=&quot;http://goldendict.org/&quot;&gt;вебсайте&lt;/a&gt;.&lt;p&gt;© Константин Исаков (ikm@goldendict.org), 2008-2013. Лицензия: GNU GPLv3 или более поздняя версия.</translation>
</message>

Ciaooo
Daniele

PS: the version TS file that I edit come form the version "c206c7d434" that I download this morning.
orecchionebruno

Postby Tvangeste » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:47 am

Daniele, done. Thank you for the updates, very helpful!

If you could submit pull requests that would be even more simple for me, just one click away from applying the changes. :) But if the current way via sending the RAR files works for you better, I'm OK with that too :)
Tvangeste

Postby orecchionebruno » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:41 am

Hi Tvangeste,

ok next I'll create a pull request.

Ciaoo
Daniele
orecchionebruno

Postby orecchionebruno » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:12 am

Hi Tvangeste,

sorry when I've updated the copyright date, I forgot to update one file that I've uploaded here:
https://github.com/orecchionebruno/translations-update

Creating a new repo, is what you mean for to be faster?

Ciaoo
Daniele
orecchionebruno

Postby Tvangeste » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:13 am

orecchionebruno wrote:Creating a new repo, is what you mean for to be faster?

Hi Daniele,

Nope, that's not what I meant. I had in mind so called Pull Requests. You could watch this video tutorial on how to create a pull request:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75_UrC2unv4

General info about pull requests on Github is here: https://help.github.com/articles/using-pull-requests

A typical workflow in this scenario is as follows:

1. Fork the main Goldendict repository to your account (there is a button Fork in the upper right corner). This needs to be done just once, and the repository you've created by forking the main Goldendict repository is your working repo, where you would put your changes.

2. Clone the forked repo (the one from your account) to your computer. There is a button for that when you open your repo on Github, in the browser: "Clone in Windows" or similar. This also needs to be done just once.

3. Create a branch of a master branch, name it appropriately, say "update-1" or "italian-1", etc.

4. Update the files in that branch as you wish. The ts files are in locale folder.

5. Commit the change, with good description.

6. Push your local branch to the remote branch in your repository on github.

7. Go to that branch on Github and press "Pull Request", fill out the form and submit it.

This might look overwhelming (and it is to the new GIT users!), but it gets easier after a while :) If you're not very comfortable with GIT this could be *very* confusing and complicated. So feel free to just attach the files here on forum instead of pull requests.

It seems that pull requests make life a bit more complicated to the contributors (you) and a bit less complicated for maintainers (me). Since when I get the pull request notification, I could just press a single button "Merge Pull Request" and all your changes propagate to the main repository. Easy! :) But downloading the ZIP file from the forum and updating files is also not that difficult for me.

So it's all up to you, whatever makes you more comfortable and makes you to submit good localization changes :)
Tvangeste

Next

Return to General