New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Babylon dictionaries - small incompatibility issue

Mobile version discussion

Babylon dictionaries - small incompatibility issue

Postby Pino » Fri May 25, 2012 3:09 pm

Hello developers, some Babylon dictionaries, (2 of mine), are not displayed correctly in the Android Goldendict:

The same dictionary in the Windows Goldendict - this is how it should appear:

This is the content of the dictionary folder just to show you what type of dictionary it is:

and its subfolder "res":

Would you fix it please? That would be nice!
Pino

Re: Babylon dictionaries - small incompatibility issue

Postby chulai » Fri May 25, 2012 7:36 pm

Sorry, but that's not a Babylon dictionary but a Startdict dictionary. I know for sure that only recently GoldenDict desktop version added support for images in startdict files. For the Android version ikm should know better.
chulai

Postby ikm » Fri May 25, 2012 7:37 pm

As it was already mentioned by chulai, this is not a Babylon dictionary. It's a StarDict dictionary, where a Babylon dictionary was used as a source for conversion. Right now GD mobile doesn't support images in StarDict, though the desktop version already does. So the solution for the desktop is to use the newer version (that is, one of the Git snapshots). The better solution, though, is to just find the original Babylon dictionary used as a source for the conversion and use it instead of the converted one. Then it should work in both mobile and desktop versions just fine.
ikm
Автор GoldenDict

Postby Pino » Fri May 25, 2012 8:09 pm

Thank you for your quick response and the explanation. I'll have a look for the original Babylon dicts. I'm just wondering, in Android, are you planning to add support for images for Stardict dictionaries?
Pino

Postby tuxor » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:10 pm

Are there any news concerning this topic? I'd love to see image support for StarDict in the Android version of GoldenDict.
tuxor

Postby tuxor » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:13 pm

May I inquire, whether this is worked on? I have some stardict dictionaries I created myself from online sources and don't have the possibility using a different dictionary format like Babylon. It's really a pity images don't show in GD, because in ColorDict they show up flawlessly. What's the reason for this ongoing lack of such a basic feature?
tuxor

Postby tuxor » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:14 pm

Still no image support?!
tuxor

Return to Mobile