New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

no pictures in the boxes

Report bugs here

Re: no pictures in the boxes

Postby joinajay1@gmail.com » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:44 am

How can this issue be fixed in ubuntu 11.10 or I have to wait till next release.I tried to find out mediawiki.cc file in system,however not able to locate.Any help will be appreciated.
joinajay1@gmail.com

Postby turing » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:11 pm

I love GoldenDict. I see this has been fixed just a few days ago. Will we have this in Ubuntu (10.04 LTS). Any idea when and how?

Congratulations for this brilliant piece of software.
turing

Postby thumoibiet » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:14 pm

build gd from newest source :lol:
Code: Select all
http://goldendict.org/buildfromgit.php

:roll:
thumoibiet

Postby turing » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:19 pm

thumoibiet, I think your answer is not related to my question. Of course you were not obligued to reply to my question. I know I can do that. I know how to do it. In fact I have already built and installed goldendict from source. I have earned a living as a software engineer for years. Only I am not interested in compiling from source now. Right now I keep the software in the machines that I use through packages. There are some good reasons for doing so other than not being able to build and install from source code, maybe you know some of them. Maybe you wanted to use this ;) instead of this :lol: . Thanks for the link, anyway.
Have fun.
turing

Postby ikm » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:25 pm

You can file a bug with Ubuntu with the patch attached. They might apply the fix if you communicate to them that it is a necessary fix (which I think it is).
ikm
Автор GoldenDict

Postby turing » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:48 pm

Bug report filed for Ubuntu:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/896444

Hope it's good enough to push this forward.
turing

Postby turing » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:05 am

I guess that if I attached the actual patch for the latest Ubuntu code to the bug report it would be even easier to get this done.

I am not scared of code, and this is only adding one line of code and testing. Only I have never tweaked with Ubuntu code, nor do I know how the process works, etc. And I have very few time. Can someone that has done this before please tell me the most straightforward way to download the Ubuntu code, generate the patch, etc? Or just tell me a better way of doing this? Or just attach the actual patch to the bug report. I would appreciate any information and any help. If you don't want to turn this Goldendict thread into an Ubuntu thread, you can send me a mail message.

By the way, I compiled it and now I am running the newest goldendict from ~/bin, no need to install in system directories, no need to setup the dictionaries again ... ¡great! Thanks for the link, thumoibiet. It's easier now than the last time I did it ... and better documented.
turing

Postby michailbachtin » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:11 pm

Hello all!

I am still desperately awaiting a solution to the Wiki-Images problem: the images won't display. I don't think I know enough about the builds to actually install a 'git' version onto my computer. (I don't anything about building the program from git versions, nor anything about the QT 4 stuff.)

Is there really no intermediate fix for this issue, which would make GoldenDict once again the best thing on the market for digital dictionaries?

I love GoldenDict and would love to see this problem solved.

I'd be thankful for any help...
michailbachtin

Postby chulai » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:13 pm

https://github.com/goldendict/goldendic ... or-Windows
or
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1764

michailbachtin wrote:Hello all!

I am still desperately awaiting a solution to the Wiki-Images problem: the images won't display. I don't think I know enough about the builds to actually install a 'git' version onto my computer. (I don't anything about building the program from git versions, nor anything about the QT 4 stuff.)

Is there really no intermediate fix for this issue, which would make GoldenDict once again the best thing on the market for digital dictionaries?

I love GoldenDict and would love to see this problem solved.

I'd be thankful for any help...
chulai

Postby michailbachtin » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:19 pm

Thank you for your message. I am running Windows 7. I have tried downloading the latest build from the Github early access page for Goldendict:

GoldenDict 1.0.1-271-geaa62e6

I have also tried the earlier "new" versions of Goldendict from this page (right back to GoldenDict 1.0.1-182-g1d399aa). They all, without exception, freeze up my internet connection. But perhaps I am not installing them correctly. I just copy the unzipped program into my program directory under "Goldendict" and run the exe file. I have tried first uninstalling the 1.01 version from the Goldendict.org page, and I have tried copying the program over it.

In all cases my internet connection freezes the moment I try to access Wiki using Goldendict. It also locks down my system. I can no longer start new programs.

The instructions on the Goldendict page for what to do in order to install the "bleeding edge" versions of Goldendict are too complicated and unspecific:

"Building under Windows:

Use your preferred Git client (e.g. msysgit) to check out the source code from git://github.com/goldendict/goldendict.git. Then either do the usual qmake and make there, making sure the PATH is set right to your Qt and MinGW installation, or just try loading the .pro file in the Qt Creator. Note that there's no need to download any third-party libraries, as they are already shipped in compiled form with the sources."

A preferred Git client? Do "the usual qmake and make"?

Is there no easier way to get a version of Goldendict that allows me to see the images from Wikipedia?

I would be immensely thankful for any help.

Sincerely,

Brian

И, если надо, я могу понять и русский язык довольно хорошо. (Жил два года в Москве, и сам я филолог, т.е. читаю русский каждый день.)
michailbachtin

PreviousNext

Return to Bugs