New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

disappears on Ubuntu 12.04

Report bugs here

disappears on Ubuntu 12.04

Postby porcoazurro » Sun May 06, 2012 7:00 am

Hello,

I am using GoldenDict on Ubuntu 12.04 with Unity desktop env. What happens is when I open the program, it doesn't show as active in the right panel. It displays a tray icon, but the option "Show main window" doesn't help. It also doesn't show in the list of active programs when switching windows with the command Alt+Tab. The only way to get to it is to minimize the widnows that are "above" it.

The issue seems to occur when Internet connection is enabled. When disabled, the program loses its default icon which changes to a question mark, and then it is detected by Unity.

It is a minor problem but an annoying one. Is there any way to fix it?

Regards!
porcoazurro

Re: disappears on Ubuntu 12.04

Postby chulai » Mon May 14, 2012 12:13 am

I also have Ubuntu 12.04 with Unity 3D and I wasn't experiencing this issue until now then it was exactly like you describe it.
I logged out and logged in with Unity 2D and started to work again. Then I logged back with Unity 3D and it's still working. I'm not sure what's the problem but it seems I found a workaround.
chulai

Return to Bugs