New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

[Help] Menu bar doesnt appear correctly

General discussion

[Help] Menu bar doesnt appear correctly

Postby leanh2 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:41 am

Hi
Today i have installed Goldendict on my fresh Ubuntu 11.10. I have now problem, that the menu bar from Goldendict doesnt appear correctly like this Image
The menu, which with "File, Edit, Help" doesnt appear by my linux, so i cant add the new dictionary. I have tried with Ctrl+M, but it doesnt happen
Can someone help me
Thanks
leanh2

Re: [Help] Menu bar doesnt appear correctly

Postby ikm » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:43 am

Maybe this is something Ubuntu-specific? I remember they had this Mac-like program menus in the top menu, separate from the application - any chance this is enabled in your installation?
ikm
Автор GoldenDict

Postby chulai » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:41 pm

I'm using Ubuntu 11.10 too (with default settings) and compiling last GD version doesn't show this issue. Maybe an old version of Qt has issues with Ubuntu 11.10?
chulai

Postby jennie » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:24 am

I'm using ubuntu 11.10 with unity 2d, and the menubar sometimes appears and sometimes not. I haven't figured out when it disappears but it probably has to do with unity interaction.
The shortcuts work though: F3 for the dictionaries dialog, F4 for the preferences dialog.
jennie

Return to General