New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Repeated results

Mobile version discussion

Repeated results

Postby brunces » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:05 pm

Guys,

Here I am again to talk about the same thing (old issue), however this time it is happening on GoldenDict for Android (my version is 2.2.2).

One year ago, I opened this topic:

viewtopic.php?t=1046

This problem has been already fixed on the desktop version of GoldenDict, both for Windows and Linux (I can tell because I've been using it since then). Now, the same problem is happening on Android.

At that time, ikm, you realized that the BGL file itself had duplicate articles, so it was not a GoldenDict issue. The problem was with the BGL file itself. Then, you added a workaround on GoldenDict's code to avoid that issue. Do you remember that? :)

As for the dictionary in question, I took a look at it, and the articles are physically duplicated in the BGL file - for the article of 'conspícuo', there are two identical entries in the file, with the same exact definition, one after another. I've added a workaround to skip any physically identical articles. This should mitigate the problem. Use the latest Git to see how it works for you. (by ikm - Sun May 22, 2011 8:55 pm)

Do you think it would be possible to add that same workaround to the Android version of GoldenDict? That would be really cool.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not asking for something for me only. I'm just trying to help GoldenDict keep on being the best dictionary ever. GoldenDict is the best free dictionary I have ever used. By the way, many people I know have been using GoldenDict because I have suggested. And I can tell, they simply love it. Keep up the awesome work, guys! I wish I were a programmer so I could help you. :)

Just for the record, the problematic BGL file is this one:

http://dl.babylon.com/info/glossaries/E ... _pt_pt.BGL

Thanks for your time. :)

brunces
brunces

Re: Repeated results

Postby ikm » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:47 am

Yes, old problem. I'll port the fix.
ikm
Автор GoldenDict

Re: Repeated results

Postby brunces » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:28 pm

Cool, ikm. I'm looking forward to it. Thanks a lot.

brunces
brunces

Return to Mobile