New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

lsd to dsl conversion

General discussion

lsd to dsl conversion

Postby seamoon » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:53 am

I have dictionaries in lsd format, is it possible to convert them to compatible format for GD?
seamoon

Re: lsd to dsl conversion

Postby chulai » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:55 pm

I haven't tried them but for what I read there are some tools to uncompiled them back to DSL (with exceptions). I did a quick look at Google and I found there is a command 'dslcomp.exe' to do that. If I were you, I would try to avoid LSD and I would search for the source uncompiled DSL version instead.
chulai

Postby seamoon » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:27 pm

I've found everything in one pack and converts without any trouble.

http://www.mediafire.com/?evpwdsyz9cmoqjb
seamoon

Postby gulyasan » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:54 am

How did you convert LSD to DSL using this software? As fare as I see it only converts in the other direction. (DSL>LSD).
gulyasan

Postby Deric » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:16 pm

gulyasan wrote:How did you convert LSD to DSL using this software? As fare as I see it only converts in the other direction. (DSL>LSD).

This site (http://storinka.com.ua/kak-konvertirovat-lsd-v-dsl/) says the 'dslcomp.exe' can also convert from lsd to dsl provided that you modify it with a "regular HEX-editor". The process is described as follows (translated with Google Translate from Russian, since I don't understand a word of Russian):

From: http://storinka.com.ua/kak-konvertirovat-lsd-v-dsl/:

"By simple manipulation Dslcomp.exe, you can include in it the function of converting binary LSD back into a plain text file (DSL). To do this, you will need a regular HEX-editor - in the file Dslcomp.exe need to fix the number of bytes 5A9DD with "01" to "00." After this transformation, utility Dslcomp.exe miraculously acquires the ability to convert one format to another and back again."

Has anyone tried to do this? I even tried downloading a type of HEX-editor (http://www.dataworkshop.de/) but my attempts to do the above have all failed since I'm clueless when it comes to programming stuff. Could someone shed some light on how exactly to do this? Perhaps someone out there has the modified version of "Dslcomp.exe"?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Deric
Deric

Postby Alec » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:39 pm

I've used DSLComp.exe to convert between DSL and LSD formats, both ways.

In my experience, valid DSL files nearly always compiled to LSD format without difficulty.

However, some LSD files refused to decompile to DSL format. When that happened, I found a work-around that succeeded in *some* cases:
1) In the "Source file" field, select the LSD;
2) In the "Output file" field, type a name (or location) that is not the same as the LSD file;
3) Select the *LSD* button, i.e. you are "converting" the source LSD file into another LSD file with a different name (or location);
4) Click Compile.
5) Use that new LSD file as the Source file, to decompile to DSL format.

I can't swear to it, but I believe that I used the same trick in reverse to convert a DSL file that refused to compile into another DSL file that did subsequently compile to LSD.
Alec

Postby Deric » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:07 pm

Alec wrote:I've used DSLComp.exe to convert between DSL and LSD formats, both ways.

Works like a charm. Thank you very much, Alec! (and seamoon, for the link)

Best regards,

Deric.

P.S. In fact, because of what I had read previously here, I hadn't even tried to open the application :roll: before searching for a solution to that (false alarm) issue.
Deric

Return to General