New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Golden Dict android app

All about dictionaries

Golden Dict android app

Postby theodore » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:16 pm

Good morning
I downloaded the Golden Dict app for my android mobile and two english italian dictionary (.ld2). I create a folder named GoldenDict in the SD and I put the two dictionaries in. When I run the Golden Dict app from my mobile, it shows me a msg "Welcome to GoldenDict!. Place your dictionary files on the SD cards in the GoldenDict folder. We hope you will enjoy the program". then I have only two possibilities: get dictionaries (it surf internet on the Golden dict website) or close. How can I run the app?
Thanks
theodore

Re: Golden Dict android app

Postby Novikov » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:50 pm

I think you should put the dictionary files in the folder created by the app.
Novikov

Postby theodore » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:30 pm

It works.
Thank you very much.
Theo
theodore

Postby Novikov » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:44 pm

You're welcome.
Novikov

Postby Jasper » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:18 pm

I have followed all these instructions - installed GoldenDict 1.3.0 and copied some .ld2 dictionaries to the GoldenDict directory on my HTC Desire (OS 2.2). GoldenDict refused to recognise the dictionaries. So I uninstalled GoldenDict and trashed the dictionary files and started again after restarting the phone. Same result - GoldenDict refuses to 'see' the dictionaries. I've confirmed that they are in the GoldenDict directory with a file manager on the phone. Any ideas?
Jasper

Postby ikm » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:01 am

Does the GoldenDict directory have the .config subdirectory in it?
ikm
Автор GoldenDict

Postby Jasper » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:39 am

Yes - looking at it from my Mac, it is marked as invisible. It contains infocache as well as the (empty) index subdirectory.In the phone's own file manager, it is invisible.

Just now I've downloaded the dictionaries direct to my phone from skydrive.live.com (I couldn't download from the lingoes server choice which is why I used my Mac). I copied them to the GoldenDict directory and they work - good! I'd like to delete the dictionaries which didn't work. I see that I have, for example, English-French Dictionary.ld2 and English-French_Dictionary.ld2. Which ones should I delete? With or without underscore?
Jasper

Postby sepahram » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:34 pm

Hi,

I've been using GoldenDict on my Galaxy II for ages and it's great.
I recently installed in on my wife's LG Optimus and copied the same dics which I use on my own phone. Although, it does't detect them and doesn't go through the Welcome page!

Any Ideas?

Thanks
sepahram

Postby ChrishTucker » Mon May 06, 2013 11:52 am

I have also used dictionary on mine an Android smartphone that run very well and provide good response. As per the you problem concern i like to say that you need to put all the files of directory in one folder i.e. Golden Dict after try to run it again.
ChrishTucker

Postby david_smith01 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:50 am

While installing the app is unable to find the directories. In order to get solved, place all the updated file in one folder and name it directories.
david_smith01

Return to Dictionaries