New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

1.3.0 version phonetic font bug

Mobile version discussion

1.3.0 version phonetic font bug

Postby an_onlooker » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:46 pm

Hello to everyone! I'm experiencing a problem with Collins Cobuild fonts after updating to 1.3.0. The point is that Cobuild renders stress mark as an underlined IPA symbol (see screenshot from PC version). In mobile version I get an empty letter-sized rectangle after the stressed symbol instead of the underline (i don't remember the way to make screenshots in android; still, if that makes any sense, i'll try to get one). In the screenshot example, there's a rectangle between "ɔ" and ":". I didn't have the bug in previous versions. The system is android 2.3.4; dictionary format is simply dzipped dsl. I hope, there's something better to fix this than replacing all the symbols :D
an_onlooker

Re: 1.3.0 version phonetic font bug

Postby an_onlooker » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:07 pm

All right, all right, i've already done that myself (i mean, replacement) :) Sorry for being foolish, then :? Perhaps, that'll provide the development with some info, anyway.
PS I really appreciate the improvements of 1.3.0 version so much! Input clearing option is ...eh... priceless!
an_onlooker

Postby ikm » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:03 pm

Some of phonetics were previously just not shown in 1.2.1. This was fixed in 1.3.0 - but not all of those phonetic symbols which are now shown are supported in Android fonts. Expect more improvements in this area later.
ikm
Автор GoldenDict

Postby an_onlooker » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:29 pm

Thanks very much to ikm! Since he has clarified the complication, it became possible to get another workaround: installing additional android fonts also does the job. It helps for other apps with similar glitches as well. A detailed description of how to add fonts may be found here.
an_onlooker

Return to Mobile