New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

.prc from SlovoEd

All about dictionaries

.prc from SlovoEd

Postby Racachaquero » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:15 am

Hello everyone,

I'm new in the GoldenDict world, but as far as I could see I think it is a very solid program, I like it very much.

I have this question: Is there a way to convert the .prc dictionaries from SlovoEd to a format compatible with GoldenDict?

I also have some RoadLingua .prc dictionaries which, if possible, I'd like to convert also.

Thank you very much in advance
Racachaquero

Re: .prc from SlovoEd

Postby Tvangeste » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:32 pm

Racachaquero wrote:I have this question: Is there a way to convert the .prc dictionaries from SlovoEd to a format compatible with GoldenDict?

The SlovoEd format is a proprietary binary format (and not documented anywhere), so it seems that supporting it would be quite problematic.
Tvangeste

Re: .prc from SlovoEd

Postby timofonic » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:46 pm

I have no idea about russian, what about this php-based software?

https://github.com/Imperger/slovoedassistance

The official name is "Device Agnostic Data Format" by Paragon Software.

Sorry for posting on an old thread, but I find this kind of file format quite interesting. I bought OALD8 for Android and I'm unable to use it on Goldendict, what a shame.

I'm sure reverse engineering a file format requires a great deal of knowledge. Are there any way to motivate the effort? :)
timofonic

Return to Dictionaries