New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Feature request: search word/s using command-line

General discussion

Feature request: search word/s using command-line

Postby Strathos » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:32 pm

I think it would be quite useful to have the possibility to search a word using a command line. The scan popup doesn't work on Opera or Firefox, but I can easily call GoldenDict from them.

Code: Select all
C:\Program Files\GoldenDict\GoldenDict.exe -sm "words to search"
Would use the Main window

C:\Program Files\GoldenDict\GoldenDict.exe -sp "words to search"
Would use the Popup window

P.S: I'm aware of the hotkey to translate from clipboard.
Strathos

Re: Feature request: search word/s using command-line

Postby chulai » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:07 pm

This has been added a couple of days ago in the development version: https://github.com/goldendict/goldendic ... 7a1e30a112

Therefore you can edit your C:\Program Files (x86)\Opera\ui\standard_keyboard.ini Opera file and add this line in the section [Hotclick Popup Menu]:
Item, "GoldenDict" = Execute program, "C:\GoldenDict\goldendict.exe", "%t"

Then you can double click or select a text in a webpage, then right click to show the context menu where you can select "GoldenDict" to lookup the word/text selected.
chulai

Re: Feature request: search word/s using command-line

Postby chulai » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:17 pm

A followup: any edition to your C:\Program Files (x86)\Opera\ui\standard_keyboard.ini will be overriden next time you update Opera browser. You have to follow these instructions to avoid that http://www.rarst.net/software/opera-context-menu-edit/
chulai

Return to General