New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

BGL files and fonts

Mobile version discussion

BGL files and fonts

Postby vilsit » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:59 pm

I'm a "BGL file format" fan and I'd like to tell you that your app is working great. Only a few adjustments to improve the customization of the interface (colors, fonts, languages) and it will be perfect.
Anyway, I'm here to ask you a couple of things about babylon files and fonts. In the past I created a few glossaries and I used custom fonts in them (strings such as: "<span style='font-family:"Stone Sans PhoneticIPA";color:black'>").
Can I use the additional/custom TTF file? And if so, where should I put it?
Thanks a lot for your effort, even though I had to pay for it ;-)
P.S.
Please contact me if you need to localize the app in Italian.
vilsit

Re: BGL files and fonts

Postby ikm » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:45 pm

Those fonts would probably work if you manage to install them into your system. That would probably require rooting, if possible at all.
ikm
Автор GoldenDict

Postby MCHAL » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:35 am

Hi, ikm:

Thanks for your dev efforts. Your program is topnotch!

I am having problems with having PHONETIC fonts showing in .BGL dictionaries. See copied and pasted example bellow:

computer

n. [k0259;mpj'u:t0259;] n 1 computador. 2 máquina de calcular. personal computer (abreviatura: PC) computador pessoal.

So which TTF font should I have installed in my system for this to show properly?

Also, please tell me where I could get the Brazilian Portuguese .ts language file for GoldenDict for always having it updated for you whenever necessary.

Kind regards.
MCHAL

Postby ikm » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:06 am

MCHAL, are you referring to mobile version? Which dictionary do you use which presents itself with the output you've copied and pasted?
ikm
Автор GoldenDict

Postby MCHAL » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:21 pm

ikm wrote:MCHAL, are you referring to mobile version? Which dictionary do you use which presents itself with the output you've copied and pasted?

Hi, thanks for your support.

No, that's the Windows PC version. The dictionary I refer to is Michaelis Moderno Dicionário Inglês-Português [English-Portuguese] in .bgl format.

Kind regards.
MCHAL

Postby chulai » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:29 pm

I'm not having issues with that dictionary. See attached picture. I'm under Win 7.

MCHAL wrote:Hi, ikm:

Thanks for your dev efforts. Your program is topnotch!

I am having problems with having PHONETIC fonts showing in .BGL dictionaries. See copied and pasted example bellow:

computer

n. [k0259;mpj'u:t0259;] n 1 computador. 2 máquina de calcular. personal computer (abreviatura: PC) computador pessoal.

So which TTF font should I have installed in my system for this to show properly?

Also, please tell me where I could get the Brazilian Portuguese .ts language file for GoldenDict for always having it updated for you whenever necessary.

Kind regards.
Attachments
GD portuguese michelis.JPG
GD portuguese michelis.JPG (29.08 KiB) Viewed 24829 times
chulai

Postby chulai » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:01 pm

I see that you have a pull request with an updated brazilian portuguese translation at https://github.com/goldendict/goldendict/pull/63
I'd be glad to accept your contribution. My question is, for Ikm, how we proceed under the circumstances: do we add MCHAL in the credits along with the original translator?

MCHAL wrote:Hi, ikm:

Kind regards.
chulai

Postby ikm » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:53 am

Yes, of course - just make a list of names for the translation (the way it's already done for some other entries)
ikm
Автор GoldenDict

Postby MCHAL » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:00 pm

ikm wrote:Yes, of course - just make a list of names for the translation (the way it's already done for some other entries)

Thanks, ikm, for accepting my contribution. Since then though, while using GoldenDict I noticed the need of improvements for translation accuracy and I made a couple of necessary additional corrections (just a few, but important) to the language file. So could you please download it from the link bellow and use this instead for distro?

http://mchal.azok.org/Traduz/GolDict-pt_BR.zip

Kind regards.
MCHAL

Postby chulai » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:42 pm

Hi MCHAL,

I added your translation to GoldenDict up to the last changes you did. In the future you can proceed as you did with a pull request at https://github.com/goldendict/. If you want to appear on the credits (Help > About dialog) I'll need your email and fullname. Thanks for your work.

I just have some comments:

1) You translated text which were marked as obsolete:

<message>
<source>From %1</source>
<translation type="obsolete">Resultados de %1</translation>
</message>

to:

<message>
<source>From %1</source>

<translation>De %1</translation>
</message>

Obsolete texts are no longer present in the software. Next time we run lupdate goldendict.pro these texts are going to be marked as obsolete again. From http://developer.qt.nokia.com/doc/qt-4. ... nager.html: lupdate is a command line tool that finds the translatable strings in the specified source, header and Qt Designer interface files, and produces or updates .ts translation files.

2) I'm not sure which tool/software you used to translate the text but I found that some xml entities were replaced by the actual characters:

<source>The referenced resource doesn&apos;t exist.</source>

to:

<source>The referenced resource doesn't exist.</source>

Another example:

<source>Look up &quot;%1&quot; in &amp;New Tab</source>

to:

<source>Look up "%1" in &amp;New Tab</source>

As far as I know, characters such as " and ' are not valid in xml. Anyhow, I didn't have any issue to create the translation file from your .ts file so I didn't change anything. I wonder, are you using the official QT translation tool for the translation work? You can read this topic for instructions viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1300

3) The link "Trabalhando com janelas secundárias" from the initial welcome window "Seja bem-vindo ao GoldenDict!" was broken. I fixed it.

Thanks,

Chulai
chulai

Next

Return to Mobile