New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Some bugs and features request

Mobile version discussion

Re: Some bugs and features request

Postby ikm » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:03 am

jennie wrote:Hyperlinks to keywords with non-ASCII characters don't seem to work.

This is now fixed in 1.1.
ikm
Автор GoldenDict

Postby jennie » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:43 pm

Thanks!
jennie

Postby ikm » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:54 am

Dear all who have problems with the Babylon dictionaries indexing. The most probable cause for this issue is just a lack of RAM. One simple measure to try is to choose '0' for the option 'Middle match deepness' found in Menu | Preferences. This *might* alleviate the problem a bit. However, this would require full reindexing of all dictionaries. You might want to try it if you feel adventurous or just have some time you don't mind your phone having spent indexing.

The proper solution is to release a helper PC program which would build indices on your SD card on behalf of your device. I plan to have it done in the future.
ikm
Автор GoldenDict

Postby Tvangeste » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:19 am

ikm wrote:The proper solution is to release a helper PC program which would build indices on your SD card on behalf of your device. I plan to have it done in the future.

Or, maybe, even better approach would be to have a tool that "packages" the whole dictionary data into a single package, that includes everything, icons, images, sounds, the main dictionary, description, index, and so on, optionally compressed. That would simplify user's life a bit, be it on mobile or on desktop version of Goldendic. Just a single file that contains everything and double clicking on it would just install it (on GD Desktop version). Simple and very straightforward. As for mobile, users would just copy the file to the sdcard.
Tvangeste

Postby ikm » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:39 pm

3. For phones with a physical keyboard, it would be useful if the enter key displayed the translation for the first match.

This was added in version 1.1.4.

Btw, I've made paid version cost $0.99 for a limited time, so that all interested party could afford to buy it.
ikm
Автор GoldenDict

Postby jennie » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:52 am

Wow, you've been working really fast!
The new features are looking real good!

Minor cosmetic suggestion: The menu is starting to look a bit crowded. How about keeping only copy, find and quit as icons, and relegating everything settings-related to "More"? Or maybe toogle toolbar instead of quit, if that is supposed to be used frequently.
jennie

Postby chulai » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:21 pm

Have you found a workaround for this issue? That's my only concern with the mobile version right now. Is this related to custom web font and the @font-face CSS?

ikm wrote:
chulai wrote:I have a LG GT540 Optimus with Android 2.1.

IPA isn't yet working in 2.1. The internal browser there doesn't support embedding of custom fonts. I'll try to find a solution for that problem.
chulai

Postby ikm » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:00 pm

Yes, it's due to lack of support for custom font faces in Android <2.2. The solution is to either use prerendered glyphs, or some javascript font rendering library. This is further complicated by the fact that Android smoothes out pictures in WebView, so the result doesn't really look too well.
ikm
Автор GoldenDict

Postby khankll » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:43 pm

hi
i have more the 7 dictionaries when i search for one word and say i read its definition in the last dictionaryty after scrolling to the bottom,, and then if suppose i want to search new wordi have to scroll back to the top for the lookup box and only then i can search word,,
i always write words on paper and then open dictionaryy to search its painfull to always scroll to top to havr the lookup box displayed,,

so please either make the lookup bar fixed at its place so it is always displayed not scrolled or some other fast way for it to be displayed and also help in saving screen real estate ,, as i have small screen device.
khankll

Postby ikm » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:16 am

There are at least two fast ways to get to the lookup bar: either press the 'Search' button on your device, or the 'Menu' button.
ikm
Автор GoldenDict

PreviousNext

Return to Mobile