New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Can't use search panel like before, and about new tabs

Report bugs here

Can't use search panel like before, and about new tabs

Postby betwee » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:53 pm

Hi,

I've built GoldenDict from git (v078889d) under Ubuntu 10.04, and one thing I've noticed from latest changes is that I can't go up and down the list of suggestions (in search panel) with the arrow keys (keyboard). I'm only able to make one move in the list, and then the focus goes to the definitions or meanings area. In Windows I don't have such a problem.

The second issue, the new feature to double-click the tab bar in order to open new a tab doesn't work in my Ubuntu 10.04.

Regards,
betwee

Re: Can't use search panel like before, and about new tabs

Postby Tvangeste » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:39 pm

betwee wrote:Hi,

I've built GoldenDict from git (v078889d) under Ubuntu 10.04, and one thing I've noticed from latest changes is that I can't go up and down the list of suggestions (in search panel) with the arrow keys (keyboard). I'm only able to make one move in the list, and then the focus goes to the definitions or meanings area.

Yep, confirmed. Will investigate.

The second issue, the new feature to double-click the tab bar in order to open new a tab doesn't work in my Ubuntu 10.04.

Also confirmed, looks like Qt platform dependent behavior, which is rather unfortunate...
Tvangeste

Postby Tvangeste » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:14 pm

betwee wrote:Hi,

I've built GoldenDict from git (v078889d) under Ubuntu 10.04, and one thing I've noticed from latest changes is that I can't go up and down the list of suggestions (in search panel) with the arrow keys (keyboard). I'm only able to make one move in the list, and then the focus goes to the definitions or meanings area.

This is a very recent regression (not mine though, phew!). :)

I've opened a bug for this problem: https://github.com/goldendict/goldendict/issues/31

chulai, will you be able to look into this?

P.S. betwee, thanks for being an excellent beta-tester!
Tvangeste

Postby betwee » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:18 pm

:), thanks to you for quickly investigating and confirming the issues.
And, it is a pleasure testing my favorite work program.
betwee

Postby chulai » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:41 pm

I also founded that the double-click in Tab Bar was not working on Ubuntu but it seems someone reported it before me ;) These are other things we might want to fix:

- Ctrl + T only works when the article view has focus. FIXED
- Double-click in tab bar doesn't open a new tab in Ubuntu. FIXED
- Middle-click over tab must close tab. Check that it doesn't interfere with copy behaviour in Ubuntu. FIXED

About using the arrow keys to navigate the results panel, see my comment at https://github.com/goldendict/goldendict/issues/31 FIXED

Regards,

Chulai
Last edited by chulai on Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
chulai

Postby betwee » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:04 pm

The issue with arrow keys and navigation is now fixed in current git. Thanks, chulai! :)
betwee

Return to Bugs