New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

double pane closes

All about dictionaries

double pane closes

Postby petrosi » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:59 pm

i am using an n800 with os2008.
there is something i unknowingly did that removed the left search pane or any other way to type in a word.
i finally removed tha app, shutdown n800, restarted and re-installed goldendict.
i still get single pane only. is there a configuration file i need to delete or modify via linux?

or is there someway thru app to bring back my two panes?
petrosi

Re: double pane closes

Postby ikm » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:04 pm

Yes -- right-click somewhere on the menu bar area and check 'Search Pane' there.
ikm
Автор GoldenDict

Postby petrosi » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:24 am

Thanks for the reply.

I have an n800 and i believe the only way i can emulate a right-click is to hold down my stylus and when i do that on the menu bar i do not get that choice. The only choice that i have is what i could get if i tapped on the menu choice icon: FILE, EDIT, HELP, and QUIT. I was hoping to see a VIEW choice.
petrosi

Postby C2BlEv » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:06 pm

petrosi,

tap and hold in the same area that has icons (print, save, sound, zoom, etc.) More specifically, to the right of those icons where there is empty space. You'll see two options: Search Pane and Navigation. I've tested this on my N810 and it works. Good luck.

On a separate note, note that GoldenDict has been undergoing development since the maemo port was made. Although the port is based on a pretty recent version of GoldenDict.
C2BlEv
Модератор

Postby petrosi » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:41 pm

gracias. it worked.
slight refinement with n800. interesting. after tapping and holding i then had to close application and restart.
again. thanks..it's a great product and look forward to further development.

have a good day..

peter
petrosi

Return to Dictionaries