New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Britannica Encyclopedia indexing problem

Mobile version discussion

Britannica Encyclopedia indexing problem

Postby sudhagaran » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:38 pm

can't index Britannica Encyclopedia 2010 with resourse file. Without resourse file brit ency 2010 works well.extracting all image audio video file with the dsl file in a folder also displays image but it takes 30 minutes to open dictionary (scanning dictionary files).How to fix it.any way to split the zip file.
sudhagaran

Re: Britannica Encyclopedia indexing problem

Postby bradm » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:18 pm

There was a discussion on this matter in June already (cf. belleyeah):

Probably you can't just force GD into rescanning/refreshing/reindexing a huge encyclopaedia like EB by just adding a dsl.files.zip file to an already indexed title. As my device doesn't lack hardware resources (memory, storage, etc.), after some trial and error, I slightly renamed all the 4 files in the folder, so that GD rescanned it as a newly added item. Now, I can have the pics all right.

By the way, I reduced the size of the images at the same time.
bradm

Postby sudhagaran » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:53 pm

Which four files to be renamed. Files in goldendict foder in phone memory or dsl files in card memory. I placed the dsl file and zip files in card memory.How the names should be renamed.Please give me more specific information. How to reduce the image size
sudhagaran

Postby bradm » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:50 pm

sudhagaran wrote:Which four files to be renamed?... How the names should be renamed?

Adding a character like underscore (_) in front of the final dot (.) is a simple way of renaming files so that the software/program thinks it's a new dictionary title.
e.g.
dictionary_.ann
dictionary_.dsl or dictionary_.dsl.dz
dictionary_.bmp
dictionary_dsl.files.zip or dictionary_dsl.dz.files.zip

sudhagaran wrote:How to reduce the image size?

There exists a simple, yet very efficient image resizer tool for Windows, a semi-official utility, which is freely available and which lets you resize big chunks of image files (JPG's, etc.). After installing it, you can use it as a context command by right clicking the mouse on a file/selection of files. Google a bit or go directly to download it from http://imageresizer.codeplex.com/.
bradm

Postby sudhagaran » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:59 am

Renaming didn't work. Indexing not stopped. is ann bmp files necessary for mobile goldendict.
sudhagaran

Postby C2BlEv » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:19 pm

While there is a technical support aspect to this question, GoldenDict does not endorse piracy. For this reason, please stop discussing Britannica on this site.
C2BlEv
Модератор

Postby ntclick » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:56 am

bradm wrote:
sudhagaran wrote:Which four files to be renamed?... How the names should be renamed?

Adding a character like underscore (_) in front of the final dot (.) is a simple way of renaming files so that the software/program thinks it's a new dictionary title.
e.g.
dictionary_.ann
dictionary_.dsl or dictionary_.dsl.dz
dictionary_.bmp
dictionary_dsl.files.zip or dictionary_dsl.dz.files.zip

sudhagaran wrote:How to reduce the image size?

There exists a simple, yet very efficient image resizer tool for Windows, a semi-official utility, which is freely available and which lets you resize big chunks of image files (JPG's, etc.). After installing it, you can use it as a context command by right clicking the mouse on a file/selection of files. Google a bit or go directly to download it from http://imageresizer.codeplex.com/.

thanks you bradm
ntclick

Return to Mobile