New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Developer Builds (for testing)

General discussion

Re: Developer Builds (for testing)

Postby Tvangeste » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:17 am

The latest development build from me, build GoldenDict-1.5.0-RC-124-gb050b74, for Windows.

Download:Changelog (since the previous Dev build):
  • DSL: Tweaked the Sound icon's alignment (by Tvangeste)
  • Fixed #182: Provide a better Sound icon (by Tvangeste)
  • Added Greek Wiki and Wiktionary online dictionaries (by Tvangeste)
  • Properly handle the version.txt in Visual Studio's build (by Tvangeste)
  • Removed the duplicated qmake dependency in README (by Tvangeste)
  • Corrected includes for MSVC QT4 (by Tvangeste)
  • Created a VS2012 project and solution for GoldenDict (by Tvangeste)
  • Added submodule with MSVC++ 2012 prebuilt libraries (by Tvangeste)
  • remove the msvc directory in order to create a git module instead (by Tvangeste)
  • Handle MSVC++ x64 (by Tvangeste)
  • Update Argentinian Spanish translation. Fix typo. (by Julian Depetris Chauvin)
  • Tweaked compilation flags for MSVC++ (by Tvangeste)
  • Eliminate more warnings when using MSVC++ (by Tvangeste)
  • Disable stupid MS-specific compiler CRT-related warnings (by Tvangeste)
  • Update Argentinian Spanish translation (by Julian Depetris Chauvin)
  • Fixed a compilation problem on windows (by Tvangeste)
  • Re-enable the internal ffmpeg based media player for Visual C++ 2012 (by Tvangeste)
  • README for MSVC++ libraries (by Tvangeste)
  • Adjust the goldendict.pro file to handle MSVC++ (by Tvangeste)
  • Fix compilation failures with Visual C++ 2012 (issue #375) (by Tvangeste)
  • Use patched libao in order to support OSX without copying plugins (#295) (by Timon Wong)
  • DSL: Add "http://" to link in [url] tag if it scheme not found (by Abs62)
  • Adjust fonts for some styles: Modern, Lingoes, Lingoes-Blue (by Tvangeste)
  • Update simplified chinese translation (by Timon Wong)
  • MDict: Fixed truncation for ASCII characters(0x20~0x30) in image urls. (by Timon Wong)
  • Updated French translation - fixed typos (by VirtualTam)
  • Linux: Better detection of installation prefix (by Tvangeste)
  • Use $PREFIX/share/goldendict for locale files per Linux conventions (by Tvangeste)
  • Fix localization files' installation on Linux/MacOS (by Tvangeste)
As usual, just unpack the archive on top of the latest Early Access build (GoldenDict 1.5.0-RC-11-g6a39192) and you're good to go.
Tvangeste

Postby panho10 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:10 pm

Korean language update file for GD.
Not familiar with IT, I could not post it through github.com.
Thanks all contributing for improving this super useful program.
Attachments
ko_KR.zip
(25.96 KiB) Downloaded 986 times
panho10

Postby Tvangeste » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:21 pm

panho10 wrote:Korean language update file for GD.

Thank you, the update has been integrated!
Tvangeste

Postby john_kaufi » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:40 pm

Hi awesome Goldendict coders!

I just wanted to let you know that I'm using the latest early access build (GoldenDict 1.5.0-RC-11-g6a39192) with 43 dictionaries covering 5 languages. Overall about 1.2 million words are indexed. It is working very smooth so far. For more than two years I have been using Goldendict (since version 0.9) everyday on two of my computers and on my Samsung Note 2 (paid GD version, since it became available). All I can say is that I love this app and that it was but a pleasure to pay for the mobile version! Excellent job!!

In full honesty and appreciation!
John
john_kaufi

Postby Alec » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:57 am

I regret to report that the latest RC (GoldenDict 1.5.0-RC-11-g6a39192) consistently crashes for me. I've tried it on WIndows 7 (32- and 64-bit) and on XP. I can try it on Vista if need be.

On Windows 7, it starts, and successfully translates the first two or three queries, but then crashes. This happens both for words typed into the box and for words selected by hovering the cursor. The choice of words does not seem to matter, nor does the order in which they are selected, nor the language.

On XP, the latest build invariably crashes on the first query, whether typed or selected by the cursor.

The previous RC works correctly on all the same operating systems, using exactly the same set of dictionaries, Config, Groups, etc. I run it portably from a memory stick, and copied the entire program and all associated files, rather than merely updating some of them. Therefore, the cause of this crashing must lie in the changes made since the last RC.

This is an excellent program; I hope that the problem turns out to be a minor one.

Best wishes.
Alec

Postby Tvangeste » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:49 am

Alec wrote:I regret to report that the latest RC (GoldenDict 1.5.0-RC-11-g6a39192) consistently crashes for me.

But this is not the latest. Please try the very latest Early Access build 1.5.0-RC-156-g8a20ec7:
https://github.com/goldendict/goldendic ... or-Windows
Tvangeste

Postby Alec » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:26 pm

> But this is not the latest. Please try the very latest Early Access build 1.5.0-RC-156-g8a20ec7

I'm afraid that version crashes in exactly the same way, sometimes hanging the PC completely. (I have only tested it with the 64-bit version of Windows 7, but that is usually the most reliable.)

The latest version that works correctly for me is 1.5.0-RC-124-gb050b75.

One further piece of evidence might be useful.

DSL dictionaries that work correctly with the RC-124 version misbehave with the later versions in a very specific way: they sometimes display faulty translations as if the program has lost track of the end-of-line character(s).

For example, when I look up a word, only a fragment of the translation/definition appears. This is often from the middle of the indented definition line in the DSL file, sometimes including neither the beginning nor the end of that line, and it is without the formatting.

Fragments of the formatting *code* appear in the translation, but without the actual formatting.

I have some Russian dictionaries with the stressed vowel of each word highlighted in bold crimson, the code for which looks like this: "понед[c crimson]е́[/c]льник"

However, instead of showing "понеде́льник" with a crimson letter, the later builds show a fragment, such as "/b]льни".

This only happens intermittently. I have not yet found a pattern.

Version RC-124 does not do this, although all versions use the same dictionaries and config settings.

I hope this evidence helps to track down the bug.

Best wishes,

Alec.
Alec

Postby Tvangeste » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:19 pm

Alec, WHOA! This is very weird and unexpected.

Could you try the following two things, in that order:

1. Try the dev build I posted a couple of messages above (I'm using different compiler and settings, compared to the ones used to produce the EA build).

If that doesn't resolve the problem, then:

2. Delete the indexes for all the dictionaries and rescan them from scratch. The problem you've described looks like the index and the content are out of sync for some reason. All the indexes are in Menu -> Help -> Configuration Folder -> index. Just delete all of them and GoldenDict will recreate them from scratch.

I'm using the latest Goldendict almost daily, on Windows 7 x64, and haven't seen anything similar to what you've been describing...
Tvangeste

Postby john_kaufi » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:11 pm

I don't know whether this is pertinent or not but version 'GoldenDict 1.5.0-RC-11-g6a39192' is working like a charm on Win 7 Ultimate 64bit, most-up-date version as well as Windows 8 Enterprise version.

I just unzipped the ZIP file, let GD index the dictionaries and that's it. No crash, no hitch, no lagging, no flagging. Working flawlessly on my side.
john_kaufi

Postby Alec » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:16 pm

I have done some more testing, which I hope has yielded more information. Re-indexing seems to have fixed the corrupted-translation problem, but not the crashing.

> 1. Try the dev build I posted a couple of messages above (I'm using different compiler and settings, compared to the ones used to produce the EA build).

I tried the build that comes in the file GoldenDict-1.5.0-RC-156-g8a20ec7_(QT_4_8_5)(Abs62).7z from https://github.com/goldendict/goldendic ... or-Windows . I hope that that is the right one. It seems to be the latest.

> 2. Delete the indexes for all the dictionaries and rescan them from scratch. The problem you've described looks like the index and the content are out of sync for some reason. All the indexes are in Menu -> Help -> Configuration Folder -> index. Just delete all of them and GoldenDict will recreate them from scratch.

I did this. I tried it both on a memory stick and on the hard disk, in case there were problems with space or writing to a particular part of the disk or stick. All the tests used the "portable" directory, so the indexes were made there.

The first time I tried this (on the hard disk), the program completed the indexing, and allowed me to type a single word for look-up ("home"), but then crashed.

I deleted the indexes again. I then deleted all the program files and Config, copied them all again and restarted the program. It re-indexed all my dictionaries and allowed me to look up two words ("home" and "land") before crashing on the third ("me").

I then did a clean copy of the program on to a memory stick and repeated the whole process. The same three words produced the same crash. I restarted and tried other words, with the same result: after any two or three words, in English or Russian, whether typed or selected by hovering the cursor, the program crashed.

In every case, the files qt_temp.Hp1140 and qt_temp.IP5400 contained the same error-message:
"
GoldenDict has crashed with an unexpected exception
Exception: __gnu_cxx::recursive_init_error
"

After every crash, even after I had clicked "Yes" to close the crashed program, Windows Task Manager showed that "GoldenDict.exe *32" was still in memory, with a size of 48,944 K on the last occasion.

The program would not restart until I removed it by using End Process or End Process Tree. I even rebooted before the last trial, to ensure that nothing could be lurking in the memory.

Since re-indexing, I have not seen the weird fragmenting of words, so perhaps that was due to corrupted indexes (plural), as you suggested. Thank you for the tip. The subsequent crashes were just crashes, without corrupted translations.

I then installed yesterday's Microsoft's monthly updates and repeated the whole process, with exactly the same results.

I then ran version 1.5.0-RC-124-gb050b74 (apologies: I incorrectly typed that as ~b75 in an earlier post), using exactly the same files (not copies, but the exact same dictionary files, in the same location, specified by shortcuts) and the same Config. That version ran correctly, both from the hard disk and from the memory stick, and continues to run without problems.

I'm using the 64-bit version of Windows 7 Enterprise with Service Pack 1 on a Stone PC with an Intel i5-2320 CPU @ 3.00 HGz, with 4.00 GB of memory.

I hope that this helps to trace the problem.

Best wishes.

Alec.
Alec

PreviousNext

Return to General