New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Developer Builds (for testing)

General discussion

Re: Developer Builds (for testing)

Postby Tvangeste » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:25 pm

yuchen wrote:Thank you devs!
However, where is the "Edit Dictionary" button now that it's not in the context menu ? I'm using a DSL dictionary, not a compressed one.
It's quite silly......But I really cannot find it :oops:

Ah, I forgot to mention that since this is an advanced feature not needed for the most of regular users, the option that controls this behavior is hidden in the config file.

You just need to modify it like this. Find the empty editDictionaryCommandLine element in your config file (Menu -> Help -> Configuration Folder) and adjust it to your liking. %GDDICT% will be replaced with the actual dictionary file name.
For example, for me on Windows:
Code: Select all
<editDictionaryCommandLine>"C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\notepad++.exe" %GDDICT%</editDictionaryCommandLine>

Once this is configured, you'll be able to see the edit menu.
Tvangeste

Postby FlexS » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:21 pm

Tvangeste wrote:
However, where is the "Edit Dictionary" button now that it's not in the context menu ? I'm using a DSL dictionary, not a compressed one.

Ah, I forgot to mention that since this is an advanced feature not needed for the most of regular users, the option that controls this behavior is hidden in the config file.

You just need to modify it like this. Find the empty editDictionaryCommandLine element in your config file (Menu -> Help -> Configuration Folder) and adjust it to your liking. %GDDICT% will be replaced with the actual dictionary file name.
<editDictionaryCommandLine>"C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\notepad++.exe" %GDDICT%</editDictionaryCommandLine>

Are relative paths allowed? If yes what is the current directory?
FlexS

Postby Tvangeste » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:36 pm

FlexS wrote:Are relative paths allowed? If yes what is the current directory?

Yep, they are allowed. The current directory is the normal current directory for the GoldenDict process, depends on the location from where you invoke the GoldenDict binary.

On windows that means that when you double-click on GoldenDict.exe, the current directory is where GoldenDict.exe is located.
Tvangeste

Postby yuchen » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:53 am

Tvangeste wrote:

I edited the file, I saved the file, but after I reset GoldenDict, the configure is erased ! it turns back to " <editDictionaryCommandLine></editDictionaryCommandLine>"
Should I get some authority or do something else ?
yuchen

Postby timonwong » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:23 am

yuchen wrote:I edited the file, I saved the file, but after I reset GoldenDict, the configure is erased ! it turns back to " <editDictionaryCommandLine></editDictionaryCommandLine>"
Should I get some authority or do something else ?

You'd have to close GoldenDict before editing.
timonwong

Postby Diclover » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:30 am

Mine is a portable. I can't do it either, however I tried.
Diclover

Postby Tvangeste » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:27 am

Diclover wrote:Mine is a portable. I can't do it either, however I tried.

Mine is portable as well. Make sure GoldenDict is *not* running before you modify the config file. For example, if you have the settings "close to tray" that means you're not closing GoldenDict when clicking on Close button, you're just minimizing it. Invoke Menu -> File -> Quit to make sure GD is not running. Then, you should be able to edit the config file with no problems.
Tvangeste

Postby Diclover » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:24 am

Thank you very much for your reply. This is what I do. I keep GoldDict close. Then I open the file folder "GoldenDict", open "portable", and then open "config" . I search for "OALD7 Culture Guide", change it to "OALD7 Wordfinder", and save the change. When I start the GoldenDict, everything remain the same.Please tell the right way to do it.
Diclover

Postby Tvangeste » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:04 am

Diclover wrote:Thank you very much for your reply. This is what I do. I keep GoldDict close. Then I open the file folder "GoldenDict", open "portable", and then open "config" . I search for "OALD7 Culture Guide", change it to "OALD7 Wordfinder", and save the change. When I start the GoldenDict, everything remain the same.Please tell the right way to do it.

So you're trying to rename the dictionary? It doesn't work that way. Depending on the actual dictionary format, the name of the dictionary is embedded in the dictionary, and currently there is no easy way to rename the dictionary, except for modifying the actual dictionary and changing its name there.

For DSL dictionaries, for example, it's pretty easy: You just open the main DSL file and modify one of the first lines. For other formats the process could be more complicated.
Tvangeste

Postby Diclover » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:49 pm

Thank you very much for your help.
Diclover

PreviousNext

Return to General