New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Making the popup window disappear is too difficult

Report bugs here

Making the popup window disappear is too difficult

Postby yaoziyuan » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:22 pm

Currently, I have to move the mouse FAR AWAY from the popup window to make it disappear.

Ideally, we should only need to move the mouse a little (1~5 pixels) away from the popup window to make it disappear.
yaoziyuan

Re: Making the popup window disappear is too difficult

Postby yaoziyuan » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:24 pm

By the way, I'm in Windows 7, if this matters.
yaoziyuan

Postby yaoziyuan » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:40 pm

Also, even if I have moved the mouse far away from GoldenDict's popup window, it still delays about 0.3 seconds before closing the popup window. There should be no delay (or the delay should be configurable).

QStarDict is a good example of closing the popup window immediately after I move the mouse away from the popup window.
yaoziyuan

Postby yaoziyuan » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:46 pm

If GoldenDict's author is satisfied with its current way of closing the popup window, at least there should be options for the user to customize the popup-closing behavior (e.g. mouse range, time delay).
yaoziyuan

Postby Artem S. Tashkinov » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:12 pm

According to this GD desperately needs developers.
Artem S. Tashkinov

Postby Z403 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:36 am

on windows xp (just to talk specifically), when the the popup window appears, it would not be the active windows, but window the word is in instead, therefore pressing any key (Esc for example) would act on the other window producing undesired results sometimes. maybe it should be the active window so that closing it would be easier.
Z403

Return to Bugs