New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Clicking on any Close Words goes to the end of the list

Report bugs here

Clicking on any Close Words goes to the end of the list

Postby Alec » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:16 pm

I think that I have found a small bug in this magnificent program.

I hover over or click on a word in the text that I am reading. GoldenDict doesn't have an exact match, but shows a list of Close Words. I click on any one of those and GD shows translations. That's fine, but it always shows the bottom of the list, i.e. as if I have scrolled down through all the available dictionaries. Therefore, it shows my least-favourite dictionaries.

It seems to make no difference which of the Close Words I click on, so the order of the Close Words themselves does not seem to be a factor.

The same thing happens when I click on a word that appears as part of the answer to a previous enquiry. For example, I'm reading a text in Catalan. I click on the verb "trigar". None of my dictionaries translates that into English, but the Catalan-Spanish dictionary shows "trigar = tardar". If I then click on "tardar" in the GD window. This produces lots of translations into English, from lots of dictionaries, but the slider is at the end, not the start of the list.

Of course, I can easily scroll back up, but it would be nice to have this fixed.

Thanks in advance.

Alec.
Alec

Re: Clicking on any Close Words goes to the end of the list

Postby ikm » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:59 pm

I don't know if it is connected to your case, but we do have a feature where when you click on a reference from dictionary X, the newly opened page tries to center on a translation from the same dictionary X. This mechanism might be having some problems when you open references in new tabs, but should otherwise work fine.

I tried to reproduce your problem, but can't seem to be able to. I choose any word in the list of close words and the resulting article is correctly positioned at its top here.
ikm
Автор GoldenDict

Postby Alec » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:44 pm

I have managed to record the behaviour that I mentioned before. The attached Flash file shows it happening under Windows 7, but I have had the same experience with Vista and XP, so the operating system is unlikely to be important.
This is an artificial example, with the GD window very small so as to create a small image file. However, the same behaviour occurs even when the GD window is large, if the dictionary entries are larger than the window.

Alec.
Alec

Postby ikm » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:52 pm

There is nothing attached to your message.
ikm
Автор GoldenDict

Postby Alec » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:07 am

I was afraid of that. I followed the procedures on the website, but they obviously didn't work. If you send me your email address, I will send the file off list, as an attachment.

Alec.
Alec

Return to Bugs