New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Bug in article-style.css

Report bugs here

Bug in article-style.css

Postby jennie » Mon May 24, 2010 3:14 pm

I finally found out what the problem with this stylesheet was in Linux. Please find the updated version here.
Basically, there were commas instead of semi-colons separating font-family options, so the fallback font (e.g. serif) did not work.
jennie

Re: Bug in article-style.css

Postby ikm » Tue May 25, 2010 7:13 am

Your version wouldn't work like it was supposed to -- the first semicolon is to be interpreted like the end of the "font-family" clause. Basically, your font-family now contains only one font.

The use of commas, on the other hand, is officially documented: http://www.w3schools.com/CSS/pr_font_font-family.asp
ikm
Автор GoldenDict

Postby jennie » Tue May 25, 2010 9:09 am

Oops, you're right.
I just did quite a few tests using a custom style sheet, but for some reason I cannot understand,when the font-family options include at least one font that does not support Ancient Greek, Ancient Greek does not work. And, strangely enough, besides Times New Roman and Lucida, it seems that the sans-serif moniker does not work either.
So, the code below works, even if you don't have Tahoma installed, but most other combinations don't.
Code: Select all
body
{
  background: #fefdeb;
  font-family: Tahoma, dejavusans;
  font-size: 13px;
}

These don't work:
Code: Select all
Tahoma, dejavusans, sans-serif;
Tahoma,sans-serif;
sans-serif,Tahoma;

I don't know if you'd be interested in using the example above. It would be useful, and dejavu is installed in all Linux systems by default anyway. (I did get to test goldendict with Windows, and it is not a problem there).
jennie

Postby ikm » Tue May 25, 2010 9:19 am

Actually I feel that it was a bug introduced in some QtWebKit version. Some people have already reported their fonts stopped worked properly with GD pre-release versions.
ikm
Автор GoldenDict

Postby jennie » Tue May 25, 2010 9:21 am

Oops, I did it again (oh whatever).
I realized I did not have Tahoma installed (I thought it was part of mstt-core-fonts). Now that I installed it, it doesn't work with Tahoma either.
So I guess the only font that works for me is dejavusans. I guess you 'll tell me to use a custom stylesheet for that.
Sorry for all the bother.
jennie

Return to Bugs