New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Using with pdf readers, annoying pop-up windows

Report bugs here

Using with pdf readers, annoying pop-up windows

Postby bigfanofgd » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:08 pm

When I'm using Goldendic while reading a pdf documents, this pop-up windows doesn't disappear. Poping-up and remain at that position. Unless I click just pdf reader's title bar or toolbar, etc., you got irritating pop-up windows evermore. I'm using ubuntu 9.10.
bigfanofgd

Re: Using with pdf readers, annoying pop-up windows

Postby ikm » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:13 pm

Maybe you've pinned the window down? There's a button on the right side of the pop-up window which pins the window down. Try to un-pin the window.
ikm
Автор GoldenDict

Postby bigfanofgd » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:42 am

No, I didn't. It does same thing evince(gnome default pdf reader), okular(kde), and etc. You've got no problem at all?
bigfanofgd

Postby ikm » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:34 am

No, but I do use popup window with keyboard modifiers (I use Shift-Win).
ikm
Автор GoldenDict

Postby nellyee » Sat May 28, 2011 5:52 am

How do you convert something into a PDF file? I am sending resumes to possible employers, and am required to send them in a PDF format. How do I convert a word document file into a PDF? Is there a special program or does it involve copying and pasting?
nellyee

Postby chulai » Sat May 28, 2011 1:53 pm

nellyee wrote:How do you convert something into a PDF file? I am sending resumes to possible employers, and am required to send them in a PDF format. How do I convert a word document file into a PDF? Is there a special program or does it involve copying and pasting?

This is off-topic but you can create PDF from Word 2007 if you install the Microsoft 'Save as PDF or XPS' add-on http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/d ... laylang=en

Word 2010, however, has this facility built in. To save your Word document as PDF, click the File Tab > Save As, and change the Save as type drop down list to PDF (*.pdf).

For any other Word version or to create PDF from any program you can install a free virtual PDF printer and just print to that Printer. PDFCreator is one of them: http://www.pdfforge.org/
chulai

Return to Bugs