New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Display issue on e-ink android book reader

Report bugs here

Display issue on e-ink android book reader

Postby tkuratsuwa » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:01 am

Hi

I bought an ebook reader called Boyue T61 (Icarus Illumina uses the same hardware) based on Android 4.2.2 for the purpose of learning German language, reading German books with the help of Goldendict and a good German-English Stardict.
But I cannot see the display of English meanings of German words after the use of the Goldendict called diretly from other applications.
Goldendict works properly, when I start it by clicking on it. But it shows only a blank screen when called from ebook readers like Alreader and Cool reader. I have Android Kobo Glo based on Android version 2.3.4 and I do not have this problem with this device. The cause of the problem with Goldendict may be related to text color used for displaying the results of words when it was called from other applications. If I touch the blank display screen, the buttons for making fonts larger or smaller appears. This suggests that the texts are on the screen but they are invisible.
So far I did the followings;
1. Change the firmware from that of Boyue T61 to that of Icarus Illumina.
2. Factory reset
3. Re-installation of Goldendict
None of these affected the result.
I have two Android tablets and one Android phone. On these devices I do not have the same problem and the colour of the text in the result display is the same "black" whether Goldendict is used on its own or called from other applications.

I do not have similar problem with Colordict, EBpocktet dicitionaries in the same usage on this device. On the other hand Goldendict does not give this problem on my other tablets and an Android phone.
Goldendict is my favorite dictionary software because of its excelent handling of morphology of the German language.
I would appreciate it very much, if you could suggest how to solve this strange problem.

tkuratsuwa
tkuratsuwa

Re: Display issue on e-ink android book reader

Postby tkuratsuwa » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:20 pm

To whom in charge of Googel Play store;

the solution on this problem was found by nightboy

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=245888&page=2
Qutoe
Easy to solve .
the cause of the problem is GoldenDict not your device.
I have installed GoldenDict from Goolgle Play Store and got the same result.
Sadly, Google Play store install version 1.6.2 for android 4.1 & above since our devices are running android 4.2.2. This version has the blank screen problem. Fortunately, I found the official website's link for downloading other versions:

goldendict.mobi/downloads/android/free/

Download and install:
GoldenDict-1.6.2-free.apk

It works on my device without any problem
Unquote

The Goldendict free also solved my problem. But I need the paid version as I use more than 5 dictionaries.
Please put GoldenDict without this problem on the Google Play store.

Thanks for your quick help

tkuratsuwa

I would appreciate it very much, if you could
tkuratsuwa

Return to Bugs