New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Cannot change the order of the dictionaries

Report bugs here

Cannot change the order of the dictionaries

Postby no-cheating » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:53 pm

When I go to Edit -> Dictionaries -> Dictionaries tab, and try to change the order of the dictionaries by dragging one of them, the item gets stucked only few pixels from where it initially was and the cursor shows error icon; nothing can be done until I press Escape key. Situation shown on the image below (only cursor with error icon is invisible).

Do you know what might cause this problem? I'm using Arch Linux without any full desktop environment, only with i3 windows manager.

Can you edit the order manually in some config file?
no-cheating

Re: Cannot change the order of the dictionaries

Postby no-cheating » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:58 pm

I found the manual solution myself: the order is defined in ~/.goldendict/config XML file.

EDIT: It seems changing the order of entries in ~/.goldendict/config doesn't change the display order at all. So the problem still remains unsolved.

EDIT: It turned out the problem was different - changing the order in config inded changes the display order, but you need to fully kill the app and then run it again for changes to be applied. Normally quitting GoldenDict still leaves it running as a background process. Only killing this process manually will reload the config file on the new run.
no-cheating

Re: Cannot change the order of the dictionaries

Postby Abs62 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:05 am

Abs62

Return to Bugs