New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

"Is it a bug or a config problem?" -- Now it is a bug

Report bugs here

"Is it a bug or a config problem?" -- Now it is a bug

Postby goldendictuser » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:11 pm

Dear all, several days ago, I published an article as below in the 'General Board':

"
Dear all, I recently come across a strange problem with goldendict:

The goldendict is the latest one and downloaded from github. It was compiled on my own PC running fedora 19. The language environment is set to be: zh_CN-utf8
When I start the program, I cannot input any word except the first letter. But if I minimize the UI and change the mouse focus, then it is OK and I am able to input any words. I am very curious about this, and try to look into the source code of it, specially, "mainwindow.cc" but without gains. I wonder any one in the forum has the similar problem or can help provide some insights ? Thanks in advance!

goldendict user (a fan actually)"

Now I know it is a bug associated with the input method, and it can be reproduced. In my environment, I use fedora19, the input method is IBUS, with Chinese language<intelligent pinyin> input, The intelligent pinyin can switch between Chinese and English. When I start goldendict and switch english within the intelligent pinyin IM, I just can input one letter.
This puzzled me a lot in recent days, until I abandon the chinese language input, and swith to english(us) IM within IBUS. Now everthing works perfectly.
It's reasonable to guess that the bug exists in the ibus side. The point is that, for any other applications with the same configuration, for example, firefox, gedit, I can input any thing both in chinese and in english without the similar problem. Therefore, I say it is a bug in the goldendict. I think the related codes are in 'translatebox.cc' , maybe it is a problem brought by the underlying QT API. But I am not sure about that. Does anybody in the forum can answer this? Thank you very much.

Godendict fan!
goldendictuser

Return to Bugs