New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

GoldenDict 1.0.1-289-g0da4b83 incompatible with Windows 7?

Report bugs here

GoldenDict 1.0.1-289-g0da4b83 incompatible with Windows 7?

Postby DanielCoelho » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:55 am

My attempts to test GoldenDict 1.0.1-289-g0da4b83 with Windows 7 failed. It works effectively with Word, Notebook and so on. I attempted it with the same PDFs in a few PDF perusers. Of course, GD's Sweep Popup neglects to identify anything when I just float the cursor over a word in the PDF; that is not a bug. Not surprisingly, Goldendict sees and interprets the word in the PDF when I tap on the word and either click Duplicate or utilize Control-C; that is not a bug either.
Be that as it may, in Adobe Reader X (10.1.4), a blunder message shows up because of the Duplicate/Control-C: "There was a mistake while replicating to the clipboard. An interior mistake happened." This does not occur when I do a similar thing with a similar word in a similar record in any of the other PDF watchers.
Killing the Sweep Popup highlight in GD quickly stops the issue in Adobe Reader: i.e. neither the Duplicate order nor Control-C causes an issue. Exchanging GD's Output Popup highlight back on promptly begins the issue once more.
I finish up from this that something in GD is causing an issue in Adobe Reader, however not in any of the other PDF reader that I tried. The issue doesn't have all the earmarks of being lethal (I simply tap on the mistake message and it leaves), and it doesn't keep GD from working, however it should be taken a gander at.

Return to Bugs