New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Some Bugs and Suggestion

Report bugs here

Some Bugs and Suggestion

Postby nima.trueway » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:10 pm

Dear programmers of this awesome dictionary,

First i want to thank you for your efforts and perseverance that you've put on your beautiful powerful software,
Then

1, i want to report a small bug :

When you enlarge dictionary font then you restart program, on the main window program retrieves the last size you had adjusted but "popup window" goes back to the default size and the worse thing is you can't change font size in "popup window" directly either.

2, and a small suggestion :

If there was a "GO" button or something in front of the word-input which would do the same as pressing Enter, it would be more user-friendly because sometimes you're just using computer through MOUSE.

3, About glossary "Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary, 8th Edition" which i set program to use it,
everything in it went right, i mean words, phonetics, pictures..
but GoldenDict doesn't show "pronounce buttons" in between of text (which you normally would have been able to see them, click on them, and it would look for the regarding wav file in path "D:\Dictionaries\En-En-OALD8.dsl.files" and play it)
nima.trueway

Re: Some Bugs and Suggestion

Postby chulai » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:12 pm

1. Popup window share the same font size settings as main window. Both windows remember font size settings after restart. I'm using the last develpment version and it's working right. Please try to use one of the last versions available: https://github.com/goldendict/goldendic ... or-Windows

2. This is a similar request to the 'clear button' one. https://github.com/goldendict/goldendict/pull/113
Honestly, I don't think the point but only for users to have a visual cue. If you have to enter the text you want to search with the keyboard anyway why you will want to have a 'Go' button to click with your mouse?

3. I don't get it. That dictionary has sound files in the DSL version but not in the BGL version. You should see sound icon next to the terms.

Regards
chulai

Postby nima.trueway » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:12 am

1. That's right sir, i used that last nightly build and it seems to be OK.
2. Most of the time i'm copy/pasting words from a website, that's why i need that button.
3. Here's a picture that clarifies my point :

Thanks for your attention
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (24.21 KiB) Viewed 10816 times
nima.trueway

Postby chulai » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:39 am

2. If you copy+paste with the mouse then you can click on the first entry on the list of terms found. That's it.
But there other alternatives:
A. If you use Internet Explorer use the scan popup function which is supported. Just be sure to check all checkbox in Edit > Preferences > Advanced.
B. If you use other web browser (currently only IE is supported for scanpopup function) you can setup AutoHotKey to work with GoldenDict. In my case I used Ctrl + double click and worked perfectly with all programs. See http://goldendict.org/forum/viewtopic.p ... 1431#p7523

3. It seems you have a Lingvo DSL version of that dictionary. Then if your dictionary file is "En-En-OALD8.dsl" or "En-En-OALD8.dsl.dz" (dictzipped) your resource files (images, sounds, etc.) should be either compressed in a "En-En-OALD8.dsl.files.zip" file or uncompressed and all files located in the same folder as "En-En-OALD8.dsl" file. But you seem to have all wav files in a folder "En-En-OALD8.dsl.files" which obviously is not going to work.
chulai

Postby nima.trueway » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:42 pm

Thank very much my friend, you gave me some good tips.

( I was actually using a BGL file for that glossary which obviously was a converted version from DSL file, so i let it go and downloaded original DSL file and it works well now. )
nima.trueway

Return to Bugs