New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Missing DLL?

Report bugs here

Missing DLL?

Postby Alec » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:00 pm

I'm running build 1.0.1-239-gc81e6ca portably from the same stick on several PCs running XP, Vista and Windows 7. On all three, GD runs perfectly normally for some minutes, then suddenly hangs without an obvious cause. The hanging is so serious that even Windows Task Manager cannot end the process. No other software responds, and I normally have to reboot.

The freeware Dependency Walker reports that Goldendict.exe uses IEFRAME.DLL, which in turn calls IESHIMS.DLL , but IESHIMS.DLL is flagged as missing.

Could that be the explanation for the hanging?
Alec

Re: Missing DLL?

Postby Alec » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:29 pm

Further information: copying these two DLLs into GD's home directory does not fix the problem. Neither does copying them into Windows' SYSTEM32 directory.
Alec

Re: Missing DLL?

Postby chulai » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:00 pm

Hi! I don't know about this specific problem but I had GD hanging up in the past on a similar fashion. To kill it I found out that I can switch to another admin user, kill it from there and switch back to the previous user. That's work 100% of the time.
chulai

Return to Bugs