New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Small display problem with the hebrew letter "yod" with a ce

Report bugs here

Small display problem with the hebrew letter "yod" with a ce

Postby loyola » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:13 am

The attached GIF shows (with red arrows) the squares where the letter yod should appear. This letter (the smallest letter in the alphabet) is shown with green arrows in some other places. I am assuming it is missing from the red-marked places because it has a certain diacritic. When I copy a word with that missing letter and paste that into the search field - it displays it correctly! For example (hope this encoding will not be messed up when I post):
הַשָּׁמַיִם
The penultimate letter in the word above (second from the left) is the one which is not displayed correctly in the results pane.

The golden dict version used is the latest alpha but it is the same in the stable 1.0.1 build. Am I missing a system font?
Attachments
Untitled.gif
Untitled.gif (41.1 KiB) Viewed 5775 times
loyola

Re: Small display problem with the hebrew letter "yod" with

Postby CFynn » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:33 am

Usually when you get a blank rectangle displayed for a character it means there is no glyph for that character in the font being used to display the text. Try specifying a different font in article-style.css
CFynn

Return to Bugs