New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

two Windows bugs

Report bugs here

two Windows bugs

Postby zorkzero » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:39 pm

Hello,
I really like GoldenDict, but it has two annoying bugs on Windows. My OS is Windows 7 SP1 64bit.

1. The configuration directory of GoldenDict should be placed in %APPDATA% and not in "application data" in the user directory.
2. If the name of the directory with the dictionaries contains non-ASCII characters or maybe characters not in the current code page then GoldenDict can't access the dictionaries.
zorkzero

Re: two Windows bugs

Postby Tvangeste » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:14 am

zorkzero wrote:1. The configuration directory of GoldenDict should be placed in %APPDATA% and not in "application data" in the user directory.

Indeed. Please feel free to file a bug for this.

zorkzero wrote:2. If the name of the directory with the dictionaries contains non-ASCII characters or maybe characters not in the current code page then GoldenDict can't access the dictionaries.

Yep, it was reported as Issue #30: https://github.com/goldendict/goldendict/issues/30

And should be already fixed on master branch, so if you could build GD on your own, it would be great if you could verify that the problem is indeed fixed.
Tvangeste

Postby zorkzero » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:35 am

Tvangeste wrote:Indeed. Please feel free to file a bug for this.

I don't have a github account and I don't want to register just to file one bug. If someone with a github account could file it, I would appreciate it.

Tvangeste wrote:Yep, it was reported as Issue #30: https://github.com/goldendict/goldendict/issues/30

And should be already fixed on master branch, so if you could build GD on your own, it would be great if you could verify that the problem is indeed fixed.

I can't build it. I will wait for a build and test it.
zorkzero

Postby Abs62 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:53 pm

zorkzero wrote:Hello,
1. The configuration directory of GoldenDict should be placed in %APPDATA% and not in "application data" in the user directory.

Fixed today in commit 9825750.
Abs62

Postby zorkzero » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:46 pm

Abs62 wrote:Fixed today in commit 9825750.

Thanks a lot. That was fast.
zorkzero

Return to Bugs