New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

A minor inconvenience with the F3 hotkey coincidence

Report bugs here

A minor inconvenience with the F3 hotkey coincidence

Postby bradm » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:18 pm

I'd like to draw your attention to a presumably undesired hotkey coincidence in desktop GoldenDict 1.0.1.-145.

After pressing Ctrl+F (Find in the article) and then "Highlight all", one can use F3 to jump to the next highlighted occurrences. However, if I forget to cancel the "Highlight all" option, I am not able to open the Edit Dictionaries window (the built-in F3), the menubar being hidden.

Let me say that I enjoy every minute of working with the desktop PC and mobile versions of GoldenDict.
Kind regards.
bradm

Re: A minor inconvenience with the F3 hotkey coincidence

Postby chulai » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:11 pm

Yes, that's how it is supposed to work. Please check the discussion here https://github.com/goldendict/goldendict/pull/11

Regards

bradm wrote:I'd like to draw your attention to a presumably undesired hotkey coincidence in desktop GoldenDict 1.0.1.-145.

After pressing Ctrl+F (Find in the article) and then "Highlight all", one can use F3 to jump to the next highlighted occurrences. However, if I forget to cancel the "Highlight all" option, I am not able to open the Edit Dictionaries window (the built-in F3), the menubar being hidden.

Let me say that I enjoy every minute of working with the desktop PC and mobile versions of GoldenDict.
Kind regards.
chulai

Re: A minor inconvenience with the F3 hotkey coincidence

Postby bradm » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:23 pm

Thank you so much for the link!
Regards.
bradm

Return to Bugs