New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Dictionary Image Not Showing

Report bugs here

Dictionary Image Not Showing

Postby dipen45 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:58 am

[help]
I've installed some startdict version of dictionary to GoldenDict, and working fine..but It doesn't display the image that comes with dictionary..
How to show the image..
Doesn't it support tts sound?
I've a dictionary installed without sound. and every time I hit enter key to look for word. A pop up msg comes out "The reference resource failed to download"..How to avoid it?
Thanks.
dipen45

Re: Dictionary Image Not Showing

Postby Tvangeste » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:13 am

dipen45 wrote:Doesn't it support tts sound?

The official version does not. The latest development version provides means to execute any external program and allows to supply the current headword to that program (thus it is possible to execute tts sound program that will pronounce the headword).

dipen45 wrote:I've a dictionary installed without sound. and every time I hit enter key to look for word. A pop up msg comes out "The reference resource failed to download"..How to avoid it?

Menu -> Edit -> Preferences -> Audio -> Un-check "Auto-Pronounce" settings.
Tvangeste

Postby dipen45 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:28 am

Thank you sir,
since I got the other sound dictionary..I will not try the external program.
I'm using official stable version.

the error of pop msg comes no more..but now I've to Click on the sound button every time.
okay no problem.

One my problem left.
i.e. I've star dict ver. of concise dict.
but it doesn't show its icon like arrow and others..it just display the rectangle of colored outline..
dipen45

Postby Tvangeste » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:37 am

dipen45 wrote:I'm using official stable version.

the error of pop msg comes no more..but now I've to Click on the sound button every time.
okay no problem.

In the development version we've already adjusted the behavior and instead of modal dialog with error message you will get just a status bar update (at the bottom of the window), so that with auto-pronounce (and when the sound file is not found) you won't get the annoying dialog message anymore.

but it doesn't show its icon like arrow and others..it just display the rectangle of colored outline..

Most probably you need to change the font so that the appropriate symbols are present there. There is no UI for that (yet), but you could adjust article-style.css file to specify your custom fonts. Search this board, this has been discussed a couple of time.
Tvangeste

Postby dipen45 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:40 pm

Thank you..
dipen45

Return to Bugs