New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Farsi (Persian) Dictionary

All about dictionaries

Farsi (Persian) Dictionary

Postby mm_shafipour » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:30 am

Could you please help me to install the Farsi (Persian) dictionary on GoldenDict in Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (Linux).
mm_shafipour

Re: Farsi (Persian) Dictionary

Postby C2BlEv » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:08 pm

Hmm. You don't provide sufficient information to resolve whatever issue you are having. Generally, dictionaries (Lingvo, stardict or Babylon formats) can be placed anywhere and the path should be identified in Edit > Dictionaries > Sources > Files.

There is a slight difference when you want your GD to be portable but let's get you started with basics first.
C2BlEv
Модератор

Postby mm_shafipour » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:46 am

Thanks for your reply. I think the only thing was that I did not have the BGL files. Well, I downloaded a GD for windows which included Farsi BGL files and imported its BGL files to ubuntu. Then I used Edit > Dictionaries > Sources > Files to read the BGL files. Now it is working well except that it does not have pronunciation. How can I use this feature?

Thanks.
mm_shafipour

Postby Hamidreza.m » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:25 am

Can you please upload the GPL files for me and give me the url to download them ? I have searched a lot but there isn't any site to download them :cry:
Hamidreza.m

Postby younes_ysf » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:21 pm

Hamidreza.m wrote:Can you please upload the GPL files for me and give me the url to download them ? I have searched a lot but there isn't any site to download them :cry:

go to babylon web page and download hfarsi advanced version. it is somehow old but its good( kareto rah mindaze ;) )
younes_ysf

Postby Hamidreza.m » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:42 pm

Thanks for that ( mamnoon ;) ) !
Hamidreza.m

Postby sadeqzadeh » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:57 am

Could somebody upload those BGL dictionary files somewhere and put the link here? Google only provides .exe files for those glossaries (http://www.babylon.com/free-dictionarie ... s/persian/) and since I've installed the GoldenDict on Linux Mint 15, I can't use them. I tried to extract cab files out of those .exe file, but there is no .BGL file inside them. I've installed 7zip and I tried to extract them using Ark and Mint's native archive manager, none of them worked.
Currently, I'm using Google translate web interface, well, it does the job, but the definitions for some words/phrases are just ridiculous! Could you please upload those BGL files somewhere else? I really appreciate that.

Thank you in advance.
sadeqzadeh

Postby sadeqzadeh » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:23 am

For the next generations :D :
There are some (Persian to English) glossaries suitable for GoldenDict here:
http://barnamenevis.org/showthread.php? ... eae28e5926

Which apparently is the result of this topic in the following forum:
http://forum.ubuntu.ir/index.php/topic,10012.30.html
sadeqzadeh

Postby yoosofan » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:15 pm

Some English-Persian dictionaries have been collected by me and have been put in the following link.

// deleted
yoosofan

Postby Gloggy » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:52 am

yoosofan wrote:Some English-Persian dictionaries have been collected by me and have been put in the following link.

Please do not post links to the copyrighted dictionaries. Not to mention links to the cracked GoldenDict for Android, this is just crazy.
Gloggy
Модератор

Next

Return to Dictionaries