New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

stardict format and sound issue

All about dictionaries

stardict format and sound issue

Postby chejnik » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:40 am

Hello, I am preparing Icelandic-Czech dictionary. I format output in xdxf tags and then I use makedict to convert it to Stardict format. It works nice in GoldenDict with only few exceptions. I would like to add sound for each dictionary entry (22000) that has been recorded. Please can you explain me how I can add the sound to xdxf (and stardict)?
Here is my example entry in xdxf (stardict as the same format after conversion, isnt it?):
Code: Select all
<ar><k>að</k>
<pos><c c="C200FF">conj</c></pos>
<rref>7.mp3</rref>
<def> 1. </def><dtrn>že </dtrn> <i> Hann sagði að hann kæmi aftur á morgun. </i> <i> Řekl, že přijde zase zítra. </i>
<def> 2. </def><dtrn>(o účelu) aby </dtrn> <i> Ég var sendur (til) að kaupa mjólk. </i> <i> Poslali mě, abych koupil mléko. </i>
</ar>

Code: Select all
<rref>7.mp3</rref>
goes for name of the sound file. It can be stored locally or remotely.
The <rref> tag seems not to work. What tag should I use?
Thank you for answer.
Ales
chejnik

Re: stardict format and sound issue

Postby ikm » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:39 pm

Resources in StarDict format aren't supported at the moment. Resources are fully supported in DSL format, though.
ikm
Автор GoldenDict

Postby chejnik » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:39 am

Thank you for answer. Is it possible to use external resources (from remote web server, via hyperlink)?
Is it possible that the sound opens only in one instance of (vlc, mplayer)? When I play sound now, for each word opens new player.
Thank you Ales.
ps. I formated to dsl, resources work. Thanks
chejnik

Postby ikm » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:12 pm

chejnik wrote:Is it possible to use external resources (from remote web server, via hyperlink)?

Yes, in recent enough GIT versions.

chejnik wrote:Is it possible that the sound opens only in one instance of (vlc, mplayer)? When I play sound now, for each word opens new player.

Write a wrapper script which would do that and use it as an external player.
ikm
Автор GoldenDict

Postby chejnik » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:38 am

Hello, please could you be more specific and explain me, hopefully with example, how the wrapper script should look like. It can be usefull for other users too. Thank you
chejnik

Return to Dictionaries