New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

GD crashes on Vista 64-bit

All about dictionaries

GD crashes on Vista 64-bit

Postby Golden234 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:56 am

Today I had to install GD a couple of times because I could not start the program from the start menu or a desktop shortcut.
In order to test some editing of a dictionary I had to shut down GD and restart it. This seemed to work 3 or 4 times, but later on, when I came back to try and use GD, the main window had gone away and the task bar icon disappeared once the mouse hovered over it.
Restarting it did the same thing over and over. Removing the directory user\appdata\goldendict made GD rescan the dictionaries, but the main window never did appear; instead only the task bar icon showed; but as soon as the mouse touched it, it disappeared
Even re-installing after cleaning out all directories did not seem to improve things.
De-installing it and rebooting seemed to help and it currently is running still - though at one point I also cleaned up the registry.
I'll keep an eye on it and report back - unless someone else has any better ideas.

BTW, as the topic shows, this is on Vista Home 64-bit
Golden234

Re: GD crashes on Vista 64-bit

Postby silvanfay » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:04 pm

i used to have the same problem. then i downloaded the latest version from 'bleeding edge' section. it works perfect~~~ highly recommend!! :P
silvanfay

Re: GD crashes on Vista 64-bit

Postby Gloggy » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:23 pm

Golden234 wrote:BTW, as the topic shows, this is on Vista Home 64-bit

Try the latest official GoldenDict 1.0.1 and see if the problem still exists.
Gloggy
Модератор

Return to Dictionaries