New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Urdu to English Dictionary v2.00riz

All about dictionaries

Urdu to English Dictionary v2.00riz

Postby fast_rizwaan » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:48 am

a non commercial education purpose only dictionary: Urdu to English Dictionary by Waseem Siddiqui and Shahab Alam; has been converted to DSL source format, for golden dictionary. As of now, this is the only Urdu to English dictionary available for Goldendictionary. It has 27000 Urdu words and corresponding English meanings. A very good resource for Urdu language people. My uncle who is a professional Urdu-English translator, asked me to get a good urdu to english dictionary, as the lack of electronic dictionary was slowing his work down. Now, he is happy with the little efforts I've put into it. All credits go to IKM, the developer of Goldendict, the urdu-english dictionary database creator.

Please see:http://www.scribd.com/doc/11342223/Urdu-to-English-Dictionary

Download the Godlendict formatted English to Urdu Dictionary Version 2.
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=7891 ... 2b9fc3640c

You may include the above dictionary for free download. As it clearly allows, non-commercial Educational use of the data; I've converted the ms word document data to Golden Dictionary DSL for people who learn/study English/Urdu in combination.

Please consider including in your download section. And Thank you so much for creating Goldendict, without which I would not have tranferred Hindi-Hindi, English-Urdu, and Urdu-English data to be used by a good dictionary program. It does help me, so I'm making it available for my brothers and sisters all over the world. Thanks.
Last edited by fast_rizwaan on Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fast_rizwaan

Re: Urdu to English Dictionary v2.00riz

Postby ikm » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:18 pm

Great effort, thanks! One thing, though: you should include some corresponding copyright information with each dictionary. This is usually done either in the .ann file (e.g. foo.ann for foo.dsl), or in just a separate .txt file. Each archive should include this (i.e. enclose both .dsl.dz and .ann/.txt in one archive). One reason to do this is transparency: so the users would know the actual copyright terms of each dictionary, another is attribution: this Urdu-English dict clearly states the requirement of the proper attribution.
ikm
Автор GoldenDict

Postby fast_rizwaan » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:14 pm

I'll make a zip archive for the dictionary, including the .ann or copyright.txt or readme.txt.

by the way, do you have a .ann file for my reference?
fast_rizwaan

Postby ikm » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:38 pm

It's just a text file in UTF-16 format. It doesn't have any structure. Since UTF-16 isn't easy to read, I think a .txt file is actually better.
ikm
Автор GoldenDict

Postby ikm » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:41 pm

I've uploaded all your dictionaries to project files.
ikm
Автор GoldenDict

Postby fast_rizwaan » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:46 pm

ikm wrote:I've uploaded all your dictionaries to project files.

thanks, i've been busy with "English-Telugu Dictionary." and "English-Malayalam Dictionary" for Goldendict. The first of it's kind.

Thanks IKM, without goldendictionary frontend, I would not have worked for the databases.

Please try to make the interface pretty, by doing two things:

1. Please make the "Look in [dictionaries]" a toolbar (which can be hidden) and allow this "Look In -> dictionaries list" in menubar. So that the interface can be uncluttered by hiding/disabling "look in" dictionaries toolbar.

2. Do not show "single tab"; much like konqueror, please allow "hide single tab" feature to make the interface look neater.

thanks.
fast_rizwaan

Postby chulai » Thu May 10, 2012 11:47 am

fast_rizwaan wrote:
ikm wrote:I've uploaded all your dictionaries to project files.

thanks, i've been busy with "English-Telugu Dictionary." and "English-Malayalam Dictionary" for Goldendict. The first of it's kind.

Thanks IKM, without goldendictionary frontend, I would not have worked for the databases.

Please try to make the interface pretty, by doing two things:

1. Please make the "Look in [dictionaries]" a toolbar (which can be hidden) and allow this "Look In -> dictionaries list" in menubar. So that the interface can be uncluttered by hiding/disabling "look in" dictionaries toolbar.

2. Do not show "single tab"; much like konqueror, please allow "hide single tab" feature to make the interface look neater.

thanks.

1. That would be a nice addition. FYI, there was some effort to provide an alternative compact UI. Not sure if this was abandoned or it's just lack of time. Check the screenshot here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1143&p=4713
They look great!

2. It's done. There is an option under Preferences > Interface called "Hide Single Tab". Maybe you are using the last release version and not one of the Early Access Builds versions: https://github.com/goldendict/goldendic ... or-Windows

Regards,
Chulai
chulai

Postby Jazzy222 » Fri May 11, 2012 12:27 pm

Outstanding sharing thanks alot..........
Jazzy222

Return to Dictionaries