New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

How to make a pronunciation dictionary for Goldendict

All about dictionaries

How to make a pronunciation dictionary for Goldendict

Postby quanglamle213 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:56 pm

Hello.
I have a bunch of pronunciation sound files in English but I can't find the propriate dictionary files go with them. For example I have a zip file contain files such as
z_friend_us_1.wav, z_country_us_1.wav, those are the sound of words but I there is no dictionary file go with them. How can I create a dictionary file link to the sound files so that I can use them as the English dictionary pronunciation. I've read that we can create a sound folder and put all the sounds there and add to Goldendict but the problem occurred is the number of files are too large that cannot stored in a folder so that I cannot use the sound files as sound dir in Goldendict. I want to write a Lingvo DSL dictionary to point all the entries to the pronunciation sound files but when I create entries like:
Seven-Up
[s]z_seven-up__us_1.wav[/s]
, Goldendict cannot understand and work correctly. All the wav files are in one zip file. How can I do this, make a dsl dictionary file point to all the sound in the zip file? Please give help to me.
Thanks.
quanglamle213

Re: How to make a pronunciation dictionary for Goldendict

Postby Abs62 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:09 pm

You just can to rename "your_archive.zip" to "your_archive.zips". GD handle such archives similar sound directories or Linvo .lsa from version 1.0.1-333.
Abs62

Postby quanglamle213 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:54 am

I did follow your suggestion but not success. I have Cambridge Advanced Learners Dictionary 3rd with sound with files as En-En_Cambridge Advanced Learners Dictionary_abrv.dsl, En-En_Cambridge Advanced Learners Dictionary.dsl.dz and En-En_Cambridge Advanced Learners Dictionary.dsl.files.zip. I wonder how they used the sound files in the zip file En-En_Cambridge Advanced Learners Dictionary.dsl.files.zip for the dictionary. Could you help by telling me. Thank you.
quanglamle213

Postby Abs62 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:35 am

To use resource files from zip archive this archive must be named as main dictionary file with adding ".files.zip". For example, if your dictionary file named "dictionary.dsl", resource file must be named as "dictionary.dsl.files.zip".
Abs62

Postby quanglamle213 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:11 am

I renamed the file as you said but no sound appear. I think they must be pointed out to the media file in the dictionary dsl file but I don't know how to this with the sound files stayed in the zip file. Could you help please?
quanglamle213

Postby Abs62 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:22 am

What size of your zip file?
Abs62

Postby quanglamle213 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:19 am

The size of the zip file is 177 MB, the number of audio files in the zip file is 58686 files. I can't extract them to one folder. I want to use the zip file as the way you say, use a dsl dictionary file and rename the audio file to dictionary.dsl.files.zip. Do you know how to do this.
quanglamle213

Postby bugmenot1 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:49 pm

Hi! I need to do the same.. extracting all the files in the directory of the dictionary works, but it's not a solution..you can't move 70.000 files around. They need to stay zipped. But the .zips solution seems not to work. Any idea how to proceed?
bugmenot1

Return to Dictionaries