New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

WordNet 3.1 for GoldenDict

All about dictionaries

WordNet 3.1 for GoldenDict

Postby RGB-es » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:13 pm

Hello to all!

I tried a search on the forum, but "WordNet" is considered a "too common word" so I was not able to find an answer.

I'm a happy user of WordNet 3.0 on GoldenDict, so I was wondering if someone packaged the new 3.1 version too because I cannot find it.

The WordNet 3.1 database is available here: http://wordnetcode.princeton.edu/wn3.1.dict.tar.gz

Regards
RGB-es

Re: WordNet 3.1 for GoldenDict

Postby Tvangeste » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:05 pm

I was under impression that WordNet 3.1 is only a minor update for Wordnet 3.0. Have you tried to compare the two and see what's new/improved? Basically, does it make sense to spend time converting WN 3.1?
Tvangeste

Postby RGB-es » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:05 pm

I did not thought of the possibility of 3.1 being a minor change... In fact, I cannot find a document that lists differences between versions.

I just loaded 3.1 database with the URCS WordNet Browser (a java app I just found thanks to google :) ). On the few words I tried I see almost the same content, but organized on a slightly different way that (it seems) is more clear.

But it is difficult to say from a couple of words if the new version is better or not. Maybe someone else did some tests too?

Regards
RGB-es

Postby mmmmmm » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:02 pm

wordnet 3.1 online
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn
search word and compare it with wordnet 3
mmmmmm

Return to Dictionaries