New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Pons Dictionary / BDC file

All about dictionaries

Pons Dictionary / BDC file

Postby GuilC » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:24 pm

Hi there,

I have a license of Babylon 6 and bought some years ago the dictionaries I needed. I want to use these dictionaries with Goldendict and for most of them (multidico, Larousse), it is not a problem, except for one: the Pons dictionary German French and French German. The file I have on my computer is not a bgl but a bdc file. I read somewhere that this kind of files is not supported by Goldendict. Is there any way to convert it to a suitable format? If not, does somebody know where I can find the pons dictionary ?  I tried the online version but it only shows the title bar and nothing in it , although I know that the word I am looking for is in the dictionary...

Thanks for any help

GuilC
GuilC

Re: Pons Dictionary / BDC file

Postby chulai » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:47 pm

If you have paid the dictionaries, the BGL files must be installed somewhere on your computer. BDC are just a compiled cached version of the first ones.

Check this post viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1177#p5061

If you use Win Vista or higher the folder must be located on:
C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\Babylon or C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Babylon
Also you can try C:\ProgramData\Babylon\Gloss

Good luck!
chulai

Re: Pons Dictionary / BDC file

Postby GuilC » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:39 pm

Hi!
Thanks for your help.
I do have a bgl file for these dictionaries but they are much smaller than the bdc files and when I put them in my Goldendict folder for indexation, they are indexed but have 0 entries!

Have a nice weekend
GuilC

Return to Dictionaries