New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

No dictionaries?

All about dictionaries

No dictionaries?

Postby The waiter » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:34 pm

When I came across Goldendict it was some months ago. I downloaded many dictionaries from main page links. I recommended this great app to my relatives and friends these days but there are no more dictionaries as I successfully got. What happend to link from this text:
'Quite a lot of nice dictionaries are hosted here, all are readily downloadable.'

Then I went to this page http://www.lingvoda.ru/dictionaries/index.asp and got Webster dictionary. It is with lsd extension but it is somehow compressed. However after pressing ctrl F5 nothing is added in to dictionaries.

At last, how to use Wordnet dictionary which should be free. There is something for downloading at its page but it is no format for GD I think.

Any suggestions?

Thanx in advance
The waiter

Re: No dictionaries?

Postby moytra » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:00 am

Desktop GD doesn't support .lsd format, due to legal issues (format is not open and compressed/encrypted by Lingvo), it can't go into open source domain. But mobile version (for Android supports .lsd as well).
But you can decompile (.lsd -> .dsl) all LSD dictionaries (from Lingvo version x3 and below) that you find and then .dsl can be used in GD. DSL is an open format (textual) and can be freely used. To decompile those you need a illegally cracked (as ABBYY doesn't allow to decompile .lsd legally) version of DSL Compiler. If you can read Russian (or just click through), all versions decompilers are linked here: deleted.

PS. BTW, ikm (and all other developers). Wouldn't it be good to add a warning for all dictionaries of unknown/unsupported format that appear in Dictionaries folder for GD? I came across similar issues when putting .lsd (and other formats) dictionaries into input folder and having no warnings from GD side at all. Then you can't know either there was some issue with the dictionary (wrong extension/format etc.) or it is not supported...
moytra

Re: No dictionaries?

Postby ikm » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:42 am

moytra wrote:Wouldn't it be good to add a warning for all dictionaries of unknown/unsupported format that appear in Dictionaries folder for GD?

For known but unsupported formats, that would probably make sense, yes.

p.s. Please stop linking to illicit content.
ikm
Автор GoldenDict

Return to Dictionaries