New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Won't Rescan locally nor query the online dictionaries

All about dictionaries

Won't Rescan locally nor query the online dictionaries

Postby Nityanandi » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:54 am

Friends,
Well. That's it. Won't Rescan locally nor query the online dictionaries.

Using Ubuntu 11.10, doing many complete Updates.

The local problem is the worst. What little GoldenDict picked up in the beginning, eg from DictD, it retained. Everything i added to Sources, properly, powerful and excellent materials with formats that are easy for GoldenDict, and Recursive was checked, so on, so forth...it simply does not pick up. No. Not even when those files were copied, not linked...to the /usr/share locations that GoldenDict uses. Rescan still didn't add anything.

Other question was: GoldenDict does certainly catch up with the online Thesauri and Dictionaries. But like a dog chasing a locomotive, what's he going to do with it when he catches it? Golden Dict does not pick up the answer from there, just clears the Search line of these sites and starts the blinking cursor there. That's all. If i type, it doesn't register.

And so, i am with you the Universal, and make a call upon your help, if you feel this is within your locus. And also, my commendations that you're onto a lovely thing; and have "the good heart" (Dalai Lama) to help. And anyhow, i just want to feel the communal love.
Nityanandi

Return to Dictionaries