New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

How to set the default Voice as AmE?

All about dictionaries

How to set the default Voice as AmE?

Postby behrouz » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:49 pm

After installing the Oxford dictionary, the default voice is British English, how can set it as American English?
Thanks! :roll:
behrouz

Re: How to set the default Voice as AmE?

Postby Tvangeste » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:56 pm

Goldendict just plays the first sound in the card. And in this particular dictionary it is so happens that BrE is the first sound.

You could either remove BrE sounds, or try to reformat the DSL so that AmE sounds are first in the cards.
Tvangeste

Postby behrouz » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:43 am

Tvangeste wrote:Goldendict just plays the first sound in the card. And in this particular dictionary it is so happens that BrE is the first sound.

You could either remove BrE sounds, or try to reformat the DSL so that AmE sounds are first in the cards.

thanks for replay :P
I need BrE sounds, so how can I reformat the DSL?
behrouz

Postby Tvangeste » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:05 am

behrouz wrote:I need BrE sounds, so how can I reformat the DSL?

That's the main question. You could open a DSL file in any file editor that supports big files and supports regular expressions (e.g., EmEditor is the best for such purposes). And try to tweak things. Sounds in DSL file are the ones between [s] tags.
Tvangeste

Postby behrouz » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:03 am

That's the main question. You could open a DSL file in any file editor that supports big files and supports regular expressions (e.g., EmEditor is the best for such purposes). And try to tweak things. Sounds in DSL file are the ones between [s] tags.

thanks a lot
I opened DSL file with gedit in ubuntu, and replaced all sound files that contains "_us_" with "_gb_" and vice versa! it works good!
but it would be great if i could replace for example:
"[p]BrE[/p] [c darkgray] [/c][c darkcyan]\[faɪv\][/c] [s]z_five__us_1.wav[/s] [p]NAmE[/p] [c darkgray] [/c][c darkcyan]\[faɪv\][/c] [s]z_five__gb_1.wav[/s]" with:
"[p]NAmE[/p] [c darkgray] [/c][c darkcyan]\[faɪv\][/c] [s]z_five__gb_1.wav[/s] [p]BrE[/p] [c darkgray] [/c][c darkcyan]\[faɪv\][/c] [s]z_five__us_1.wav[/s]" using text editor like vi or ...?
behrouz

Return to Dictionaries