New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Inactive dictionaries

All about dictionaries

Inactive dictionaries

Postby The waiter » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:32 pm

I am not able to set some of my dictionaries as inactive. If I grab an one and wanted to put it to the bottom window for placing inactive dicts, I get just ban cursor with no possibility to place it. Am I doing something wrong?
The waiter

Re: Inactive dictionaries

Postby Tvangeste » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:55 pm

The waiter wrote:I am not able to set some of my dictionaries as inactive. If I grab an one and wanted to put it to the bottom window for placing inactive dicts, I get just ban cursor with no possibility to place it. Am I doing something wrong?

Heh, it all works fine here :) So you pick one of your dictionaries and trying to move right down to the inactive dictionaries text area, and it doesn't work? What GD version, btw? :)

But this feature, inactive dictionaries, is only for the case when you don't have dictionary groups. I would recommend to use dictionary groups, so that, for example, English and German dictionaries are in separate groups, or, say, online dicts are in a separate group, etc.

So, if you need to perform any kind of grouping among your dictionaries, consider using groups, this is the third tab in "Dictionaries" configuration dialog.

For example, I have 4 groups (German - full, German - study, English, Online), and I have assigned shortcuts (and icon flags) to quickly switch between them. Pretty handy.
Tvangeste

Re: Inactive dictionaries

Postby The waiter » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:02 pm

Solved...
OK, I deleted my only group and restarted GD. Then the problem was, that not whole box is focused for placing dict. When I move cursor accidentally lower than 1 cm from the top of the window, it showed a ban cursor. When I went higher it works.
The waiter

Return to Dictionaries