New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Audio Flies

All about dictionaries

Audio Flies

Postby Lojames » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:54 am

I am new to G. D. and I am trying to invoke dictionaries audio flies.How would I go about doing this?G.D. introduction said something about making Paths to the dict. audio flies.How might I go about this? :?: :?:
Lojames

Re: Audio Flies

Postby Tvangeste » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:04 am

Let's start from the beginning.

Do you have a dictionary with sounds? Or do you have just sounds and would like to have them as a dictionary? Please describe you situation in more details.
Tvangeste

Postby Lojames » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:18 pm

I only have sound and trying to get dictionaries with sound,in fact I don't have ANY KIND at all.I am suffering from a like of understanding of the procedures to go about accomplishing the desired tasks,despite reading G.D. intro. :?
Lojames

Postby Tvangeste » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:29 pm

Ok, I assume you have a dictionary full of sound files, right? Let's say you have files one.mp3, two.mp3, three.mp3 in folder D:\sounds.

All you need to do is to go to GoldenDict dictionary settings (F3 or Edit -> Dictionaries...), and then select Sources -> Sound Dirs. Just add your folder there.

GoldenDict will treat file names from your folder as headwords in such pseudo-dictionary it creates out of the sound files.

So, when you type 'one', GoldenDict will find one.mp3 file and show it as if the dictionary card consists of just sound and no text.
Tvangeste

Postby Lojames » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:07 pm

I don't have ANY KIND of dictionary,sound or otherwise,I am trying to find out how to go about obtaining them.I am especially interested in those that produce sound and once I have them ,how I might go about invoking the actual sound.
Lojames

Postby Tvangeste » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:59 pm

There are not that much of publicly available sound dictionaries, understandably (and unfortunately).

You might start with web-based online dictionaries with sound. For example, one of the web-based dictionaries is already configured with GoldenDict, it's a Google En-En dictionary, it contains sounds for many words. Naturally, there are many more such web-based dictionaries.

Another good alternative is to use Forvo web service, you could configure it in Dictionaries Settings, Forvo tab. Forvo provides pronunciations in many, many languages (including all major ones). I use it regularly and find very useful.
Tvangeste

Postby younes_ysf » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:31 pm

there is another dictionary that its name is LINGOES. you can find Webster and Longman dictionary that comes also with good audio files. it has more than 140000 word. there are 2 type of audio files. common and Webster. the size of audio files for Webster is about 300 Mb.
http://www.lingoes.net/

http://www.lingoes.net/en/translator/speech.htm

[removed]
younes_ysf

Postby Gloggy » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:23 am

Please don't post links to unauthorized content, by doing so you're putting the whole project in (unnecessary) danger.
Gloggy
Модератор

Return to Dictionaries