New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

How to Add Dictionary

All about dictionaries

How to Add Dictionary

Postby Eilia » Thu May 26, 2011 12:59 pm

Hi Frnz!
I have installed the dictionary and also some babylon glossary but when i click on the add dictionary button and i go to the glossary's location, I cannot see any glossary .. i don't know what is the problem ... please help me!!!
Eilia

Re: How to Add Dictionary

Postby chulai » Fri May 27, 2011 2:00 am

1) Go to Edit > Dictionaries > Sources > Files.
2) Press "Add..." button.
3) Browse the folders up to the folder where you have located the glossaries and then press "Select Folder" button.
4) You will have now listed the location of that folder on the "Path" column.
5) Check the box on the "Recursive" column of your location.
6) Press "Rescan now" and then "OK" button to close the window.
7) It should work.

Remember that your Babylon glossaries must have a ".BGL" file extension to work.

Julián
chulai

Postby Nityanandi » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:38 am

Dear Julián,

Same problem here, after carefully going through the procedure you described...oh so many times! Can you take this further? THANKS.
Nityanandi

Postby chulai » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:38 pm

Try to recreate your configuration. For that:

1) close GoldenDict
2) find and delete the configuration folder: ~/.goldendict. Inside it you should see an index folder and at least 2 files: config and history.
3) open GoldenDict and rescan the dictionaries by following the instructions I wrote above.
chulai

Postby MrAli » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:50 pm

i installed goldendict in openSUSE 12.1 KDE, i did the process in #2 but goldendict didnot recogniszed .BGL format dctionary.
what is the problem?
MrAli

Postby Nityanandi » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:58 pm

Dear Mr. Ali,

It's not really necessary to tell you in too much detail, which i don't remember. The point is, Babylon is becoming useless. That is, *.bgl items.

People report that Babylon is using manipulations so visitors to the Website will pay money for their applications, and that the huge promises about free materials are not real, though maybe they were in the past. I had the same problem you report, and having seen what many other people are saying, i would not even try.

However there were enormous riches to be found, many many dictionaries and thesauri which i myself downloaded, from the Free and Open Source community. The finest Website was Sourceforge. They were just WONDERFUL. [http://sourceforge.net/]. Visit them! Everything was so easy to use, and the resources were rich, rich, rich. It was a humbling experience to receive such goodness and generosity.

A Google search ["download open source dictionaries"] just turned up the following link and many others:

Open Source Dictionary Downloads - A-Z-Dictionaries.com
http://www.a-z-dictionaries.com/Open_So ... loads.html
This section presents a good collection of open source dictionary databases and software that you can download and use in your computer, mostly without ...

Mr. Ali, Good wishes.
Nityanandi

Return to Dictionaries