New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Sample file for supported DSL features

All about dictionaries

Re: Sample file for supported DSL features

Postby Tvangeste » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:51 am

MaximeB wrote:Why do you have to be so aggressive?

We've been bugging ikm for a very long time with bug reports and feature requests for DSL support, and he probably spent *years* trying to make the DSL support in GoldenDict almost perfect, all in his personal time, completely for free. People who spend years on developing something tend to be pretty sensitive to broad statements, which is rather understandable.
Tvangeste

Postby Tvangeste » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:54 am

ikm wrote:There are two features it doesn't support: subentries and includes

Ah, I forgot about includes. Not sure how important that is though. In all my years, I haven't seen a single DSL dictionary with #include directive. Maybe this #include stuff made sense when file systems couldn't handle large files. Now it doesn't make much sense.
Tvangeste

Postby MaximeB » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:58 am

I am just a user without any background in software development. I just shared a file in the hope that it might help other users.
I do not know what FUD is. Whatever it is, I did not intend to disparage GoldenDict, of which I am a strong advocate among my friends.
Last edited by MaximeB on Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
MaximeB

Postby Tvangeste » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:07 am

MaximeB wrote: I just shared a file in the hope that it might help other users.

Which is greatly appreciated. Now we have a small standalone project with sample DSL dictionary, which could be pretty handy for those who intend to create new DSL dictionaries!
Tvangeste

Postby C2BlEv » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:49 pm

Tvangeste wrote:Ah, I forgot about includes. Not sure how important that is though. In all my years, I haven't seen a single DSL dictionary with #include directive. Maybe this #include stuff made sense when file systems couldn't handle large files. Now it doesn't make much sense.

I did use #include a couple of years ago in a thesauri project to separate the main body of the dictionary from its index. It worked well. But then I just added index to the main dsl file.
C2BlEv
Модератор

How to install the .dsl example dictionary

Postby robertocm » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:32 pm

MaximeB wrote:Hi,

... I have written a small DSL file that shows which features are supported and how to use them.
You can put is with your other dictionaries, and see its contents by searching for "sample entry".
BTW, I have tried to upload it as an attachment, but I get a message "The extension dsl is not allowed". I tried to change the extension to .txt with the same result.

Thank you very much!

Just want to comment about some difficultes when I tried to install your dsl dictionary (surely because of my poor computer skills).

I fist copied your code and pasted it in a .txt file, then changed to .dsl and move the file to the "content" GoldenDict subfolder.
The problem was that GoldenDict didn't detect the new dsl dictionary.

Finally, the solution was very simple: open the text file with notepad or similar, replace all sequences of white spaces at the beginning of each line for tabulations. Save and change again the file extension to .dsl if necessary.
robertocm

Postby evelynedechen » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:26 am

I would like to include a description of the dictionary in the header of my DSL files. (so that the description appear in Goldendict when I right click on the dictionary name and ask for Dictionary Info).
Does anyone know how to do that?

Thank you.
Evelyne
evelynedechen

Postby dg333 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:13 am

You should add an annotation file (.ann) if you want a description. It is a plain-text file in UTF-16. Headers are just headers.
dg333

Previous

Return to Dictionaries