New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

a wished feature "middle click for scan popup"

General discussion

a wished feature "middle click for scan popup"

Postby ztycx » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:34 am

thanks the developers and all who hav put in effort in this great product. i'm one of many who move from babylon/lingvo to goldendict.
i wanna propose a minor feature that might make the operation more convenient: can use mouse middel click to trigger scan popup, which IMO it's better than the combo keys

ps: i know there is another thread proposing the same feature. but that TS got problem of his manners. his words upset the developer and some other. so i decided to open a new thread to avoid his negative influence. we all wanna push goldendict to be a better and better product anyway.
ztycx

Re: a wished feature "middle click for scan popup"

Postby ztycx » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:22 pm

ding
ztycx

Postby chulai » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:38 pm

IMO it'd be better to have both options: activate with modifier keys and/or middle/right click button. For example: Shift + Right click.
Anyway, I think GD should improve its "OCR" function as much as possible which is a more difficult feature to implement than the way it should trigger the scan popup.
chulai

Postby rivosuoth » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:56 pm

Even the combo-key isn't available yet, right? It's a direct scan, isn't it? If I'm not lining up with you guys, I'm talking about the scan popup feature that I activate by right-clicking on GD tray icon and then choosing "Scan Popup." Well, it's a bit time consuming to get it done. When the Scan Popup is active, it's so active ^_^ that I need to de-activate it again cuz it's kind of annoying and re-activate it when I need it. It's kind of an ineffective process. That being said, GD is still powerful enough.
rivosuoth

Postby ikm » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:09 pm

rivosuoth: Enable some modifier keys in Preferences|Scan Popup.
ikm
Автор GoldenDict

Postby rivosuoth » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:02 pm

ikm wrote:Enable some modifier keys in Preferences|Scan Popup.

Well, thanks for the suggestion, but I made you got me wrong, so that's not the case.
If I "only show popup when some key(s) are pressed", then I always need to press the key(s) to get it popping up. See? Always pressing the key combination? No, it's not just me. I used to use and am still using firefox's popup extension named dictionarytip within which I opt out to use pressing key feature; so I just double click on the word(s) I wanna look them up.
So, in spite of its configurable multi-source dictionary, GD is really fantastic cuz it can OCR any* word our mouse hovering over. But there's still kind of small missing feature that perhaps only :) I could suffer from its lack quite badly. :(
The missing feature, therefore, as I mentioned on the earlier reply, would be the activation of the Scan Popup in a little bit different way, that is activating and deactivating (Turn Off and On) the Scan Popup using some key combinations, instead of triggering with key combination the on-fire OCR-able Scan Popup.
Thank you for your concern.
rivosuoth

Return to General